It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome to Talkback 27!
This is your forum to comment on current affairs and news stories.
The comments you make here may be used on our television newscasts.
If you wish, you may also leave your thoughts on our telephone feedback line.
That number is (717) 265-8527.

Post subject: Re: Paterno family: Late coach didn't cover up at PSU
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:29 am 

u no wrote:
furbud wrote:
Ya all can say what ya wanna, it is a free country! As far as Joe Paterno, he would have been in his mid 70's perhaps when this all came to be and depending on how the red head dude described the shower event to him, would he truly understand what was going on? Minds sets are different at that age! He reported it - he reported it! Face it, JOEPA was a scapegoat and he died because of the unfair burden thrown at him when he didn't intentionally do anything improper, he was made to be the bad guy and it broke his heart! Now he is the bad guy cuz he is not among the living and can not defend himself. Cowards I see and hear on the board, lousy cowards as they threw the blame on a dead man!

I was just thinking about this again, and if he was so damned innocent, then why, AFTER the charges were filed did he publicly admit he should have done more? And furthermore, if he was too old to comprehend the severity of what was told to him, he shouldn't have been there anyway.

Well if he was the mastermind of some grand conspiracy, why get Beavis and Curley-head involved to begin with? Just tell the red head dude to forget what he saw and not talk about it to anyone else. After all, he ran the university. It could have begun and ended right there in his living room.

Lesson to red head dudes. Turn around. walk away. Get the eff out of there as quickly as possible. Don't tell another soul what you saw.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:59 am 

Rudey wrote:
u no wrote:
furbud wrote:
Ya all can say what ya wanna, it is a free country! As far as Joe Paterno, he would have been in his mid 70's perhaps when this all came to be and depending on how the red head dude described the shower event to him, would he truly understand what was going on? Minds sets are different at that age! He reported it - he reported it! Face it, JOEPA was a scapegoat and he died because of the unfair burden thrown at him when he didn't intentionally do anything improper, he was made to be the bad guy and it broke his heart! Now he is the bad guy cuz he is not among the living and can not defend himself. Cowards I see and hear on the board, lousy cowards as they threw the blame on a dead man!

I was just thinking about this again, and if he was so damned innocent, then why, AFTER the charges were filed did he publicly admit he should have done more? And furthermore, if he was too old to comprehend the severity of what was told to him, he shouldn't have been there anyway.

Well if he was the mastermind of some grand conspiracy, why get Beavis and Curley-head involved to begin with? Just tell the red head dude to forget what he saw and not talk about it to anyone else. After all, he ran the university. It could have begun and ended right there in his living room.

Lesson to red head dudes. Turn around. walk away. Get the eff out of there as quickly as possible. Don't tell another soul what you saw.

I'm not saying that he was the mastermind behind this, but he sure as hell didn't do anymore than the next schmuck either. Are you another one that is on his side? It just seems to me like people want to blame everyone else and give 'JoePa' no blame at all.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:44 am 

u no wrote:
furbud wrote:

Local Grown is going to love this!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's 100% correct.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:45 am 

u no wrote:
furbud wrote:

Hindsight is always 20/20.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:48 am 

u no wrote:
I'm not saying that he was the mastermind behind this, but he sure as hell didn't do anymore than the next schmuck either. Are you another one that is on his side? It just seems to me like people want to blame everyone else and give 'JoePa' no blame at all.

Redhead AND his father should be getting bashed in all of this too. WTH did THEY not ALSO take any of it further. You can bet that if he were my son & he came to me with something like that, I'd sure as hell take action myself whether anyone else did or not. And if you want to consider age & understanding, Daddy McQuery was younger than JoePa, so where was his common sense? HE should be feeling pretty low & shameful, if he's even still alive.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:24 am 

LocalGrown wrote:
u no wrote:

Redhead AND his father should be getting bashed in all of this too. WTH did THEY not ALSO take any of it further. You can bet that if he were my son & he came to me with something like that, I'd sure as hell take action myself whether anyone else did or not. And if you want to consider age & understanding, Daddy McQuery was younger than JoePa, so where was his common sense? HE should be feeling pretty low & shameful, if he's even still alive.

Local, you have more or less, missed the entire point of what I'm getting at. Unless I have missed it somewhere along the line, not once have you indicated that JoePa was in the wrong in any way, shape or form. I feel EVERYONE needs to take the blame. From Red and his dad, all the way up to and including Corbett(if what I have read is accurate).
And you mention hindsight. Sorry, that's really not a great comparison when you're taking into consideration the welfare and safety of children.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:45 pm 

u no wrote:

And you mention hindsight. Sorry, that's really not a great comparison when you're taking into consideration the welfare and safety of children.

That's correct. Logic and reason must be totally discarded. Raw emotion must rule and nothing else. After all, it's about the chillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllldren!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:18 pm 

Rudey wrote:
u no wrote:
After all, it's about the chillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllldren!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh yeah,... always has been. It's the a$$holes in charge who dropped the ball. The kids did nothing wrong.

Logic, and reason would tell me to RUN to the police, not stick my head up my a$$ and hope dicksy stops raping kids.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:21 pm 

u no wrote:
Local, you have more or less, missed the entire point of what I'm getting at. Unless I have missed it somewhere along the line, not once have you indicated that JoePa was in the wrong in any way, shape or form. I feel EVERYONE needs to take the blame. From Red and his dad, all the way up to and including Corbett(if what I have read is accurate).

Incorrect. I have said before that EVERYONE should have stepped up, especially when it was obvious those in charge did not. If you didn't see my post on here or elsewhere, oh well. But my biggest problem is JoePa is the ONLY one talked about or blamed. HE is the only one in the news. HE is the only one whos reputation everyone wants to ruin. Christ, there's more written & talked about him than Sandusky. And the other yahoos certainly aren't in the limelight over this. Not even redhed & kin. Was papa red even questioned? And don't forget Rendell.

Last edited by LocalGrown on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:27 pm 

LocalGrown wrote:
And don't forget Rendell.

OH, MY :shock:
How dare you bring his sacred name into this!! Tsk, Tsk :shock:

( For those too STUPID to realize, that was sarcasm)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:23 am 

Joe pa did what the law required. Granted he should have done more even.his own admissiom, but stop blaming him for the school covering it up