It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome to Talkback 27!
This is your forum to comment on current affairs and news stories.
The comments you make here may be used on our television newscasts.
If you wish, you may also leave your thoughts on our telephone feedback line.
That number is (717) 265-8527.

Post subject: A Nightmare in county Office
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:00 am 

How can something like this happen,I never would of thought it possible in pa.let alone cumberland county.
First my granddaughter was taken from her home because of acid reflux disease.She couldn't eat and the parents were blamed.She is presently residing with the fathers brother ,and is now 4 months old.I ,the grandmother was babysitting her and in one week she gained 5 ozs. but was told by the case worker that she wasn't doing good.Last week we were told that I can no longer babysit my little grandaughter and to see her we need to be supervised .I can't even believe this is legal.that means she can never come to grandmas house or go to church with us or anything.We can't even take her shopping.We have retained an attorney and filed complaints everywhere possible ,to no avail yet.If anyone has any ideas please let us know. :( :( :(

Last edited by pendesk8 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: A Nightmare in county Office
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:33 am 

Contact abc27 directly, maybe they can help you.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:14 pm 

thanks I'll try.I'm an upstanding person in the community,just spent 3 years as a deacon at my church helping people.Just can't believe this is happening.I heard that cumberland county children and youth was out of control ,I just didn't realise.I'm trying to get the Attorney General to do an investigation also.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:05 am 

:) tHINGS ARE A LITTLE BETTER AND MOST IMPORTANT ,I GOT TO SEE MY GRANDDAUGHTER yesterday.Heard a new story from a nurse,a case worker that doesn't like a mother is requesting custody be pulled from her.the nurse has to testify and says the mother is a good mother.this office is out of control and needs a major overhaul.my grandaughter is having stomach problems again since I'm not babysitting her.that happens with any upset.they won't stop until they kill her .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:02 am 

It's rather unsettling to see things have not changed over the past 20 some years in Cumberland County Children/Youth. They were out of control then and apparently, still are. It's difficult enough being a parent, and then dealing with these tyrannical idiots is downright frightening. When I look back at what I went through with them 20 some years ago I only wish that I had the foresight to hire an attorney at the time. Young families typically cannot afford that but perhaps it would have caused some changes in their protocol.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:51 am 

I think they are banking on the fact that you won't have the money for an attorney.My son doesn't ,but guess what ,I DO.I'm also checking on an attorney from Phila that goes against people like this in Law suits.He has cases against the Federal government all the time.I'm sorry you went through this ,I wouldn't wish this on anyone.I just heard of a case last week where they took a good mothers son and adopted him to the foster parents.How are they getting away with this .I don't know the lady but I pray for her all the time because my heart goes out to her.