It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome to Talkback 27!
This is your forum to comment on current affairs and news stories.
The comments you make here may be used on our television newscasts.
If you wish, you may also leave your thoughts on our telephone feedback line.
That number is (717) 265-8527.

Post subject: Report on the River?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:58 pm 

There was to be a report on the river tonite ,must have been only @ 5 i missed it and can't seem to find it on your web site ??? Where is it? I've been involved in that mness for a few yrs now the PAF&B even sent a fish warden to my home once back in 2005 -6 after I told them I told you so on their BS lines they were putting out .I've been on the river since I was 10 and I've seen the changes . The river was in better shape b/4 the sewer plants were put in and catch and release was the norm. With all the "human " help it should be better than ever now .

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.

Post subject: Re: Report on the River?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:16 pm 

I just finished watching it again a few minutes ago. It was on at 5 too.

www.abc27.com/story/20151070/agencies-clash-over-desire-to-qualify-susquehanna-as-sick-river

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:59 pm 

The problem if the declare it endangered with out a problem indentified is they put controls on that will require your treatment plants to update to a RO system @ a cost no one can afford. I've seen the decline in fishing over the last 7 yrs and one yr the weed beds didn't even grow on all the gravel beds.the muscules of yrs ago have been gone for yrs. Just seems odd that when we run all the sewer into the river and people kept thier fish and we had more liberal limits there were plenty of fish and nice ones. My theory is the no till farming has cintributed to the chemicals that are messing with the fish and the river.I don't buy the low oxygen etc. I've had my best fishing in the mid summer hot days .I can remember one day it was 102 and I called my Brother to go fishing. he said it was to hot.Back them we waded .I said it was to hot not to be wading ,and he cautch the biggest Bass of his life that day and I caught and released no less than 2 doz in less than 2 hours in a 200 yd strech of water. i can send the whole afternoon in the smae section with no fish.

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:40 am 

I come from a place of deep rivers. The Susquehanna's so shallow, surprised you caught all those fish.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:13 pm 

Vic wrote:
I come from a place of deep rivers. The Susquehanna's so shallow, surprised you caught all those fish.

If your rivers are deep maybe it's more like lake fishing ,on the Susky they are all holding on rocks and ledges waiting for food or in the shaollws early morn and nite looking for food. It's all about structure ,and there are deep hole in the Susky it's not all wadeable waters.