It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome to Talkback 27!
This is your forum to comment on current affairs and news stories.
The comments you make here may be used on our television newscasts.
If you wish, you may also leave your thoughts on our telephone feedback line.
That number is (717) 265-8527.

Post subject: Kane Does Not Support Your Right-to-Carry
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:13 pm 

;Pennsylvania: Attorney General-Elect Kathleen Kane Does Not Support Your Right-to-Carry

While it should come as no surprise, Pennsylvania Attorney General-Elect Kathleen Kane is wasting no time in demonstrating her hostility towards your Second Amendment rights even before she takes office next month.

Kathleen Kane joined nine sitting attorneys general, including those from California, Massachusetts and New York, in signing her name to a letter urging the U.S. Senate leadership to oppose S. 2188, "The National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act" and S. 2213, "The Respecting States’ Rights and Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act." S. 2188 and S. 2213 would allow any person with a valid state-issued concealed firearm permit to carry a concealed handgun in any other state that issues concealed firearm permits, or that does not prohibit the carrying of concealed firearms for lawful purposes. A state's laws governing where concealed handguns may be carried would apply within its borders.In contrast, the attorneys general of 22 states wrote a letter of support earlier this year recognizing the House passage of H.R. 822, the companion legislation to S. 2188. H.R. 822 passed in the U.S. House of Representatives last year by a strong bipartisan 272 to 154 vote. ;

The 22 attorneys general stated, in part, “While some have suggested this legislation would endanger public safety, our experience suggests the opposite. Individuals with concealed carry permits from our states have proven to be more law-abiding than non-licensees, and in many instances have been able to defend themselves and others effectively from criminal attack. Many of our states also have laws recognizing out-of-state permits, and people carrying concealed handguns under those laws have done so without any unusual problems."

Please contact Attorney General-Elect Kathleen Kane TODAY and respectfully ask that she reverse her position on this important issue. Her contact information is provided here. http://transition.kathleengkane.com/ ~~~WOW, that didn't take long .~~

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.

Last edited by Newspolice on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Kane Does Not Support Your Right-to-Carry
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:34 pm 

This very issue came up during the campaign. She even did a commercial on it about how gun laws were going to be enforced in Pennsylvania. This woman is clueless about how law enforcement works in Pennsylvania. Gun violations are prosecuted at the county court level. County district attorneys have discretion in how all laws are prosecuted. They answer only to the county voters who elected them, and most definitely not the state attorney general.

Of all the statewide Democrats that were swept into office by the tsunami created by dregs and parasites from Excrement Hole East, Obama was only one of three races where the least qualified candidate was elected. In fact the Attorney General elect and the Auditor General elect are seriously underqualified. The next four years should be interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:42 pm 

Why would she be concerned about a pa citizens permit being recognized in another legal carry state. My Driver lic. is legals accross the country , my CCW should be also .Never needed a back ground ck for my DL.

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:17 pm 

Another clueless Dem thinking if we take the guns, all will be peace :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: But she would cry bloody murder if we tried to take away her right for freedom of speech, even if it hurts someone else.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:48 am 

Huh? wrote:
Another clueless Dem thinking if we take the guns, all will be peace :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: But she would cry bloody murder if we tried to take away her right for freedom of speech, even if it hurts someone else.

I wonder about that. Maybe if it was personal. Some Democrats want to amend the First Amendment.

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2012/11/30/democratic-rep-amend-constitution-to-allow-control-of-speech/

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/pelosi-amend-first-amendment

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:22 am 

She doesn't want us Pennsylvanians clinging to our guns everywhere we go.

SHE SUCKS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:43 am 

Pa. Constitution ARTICLE VI. PUBLIC OFFICERS
§ 3
Senators, Representatives and all judicial, State and county
officers shall, before entering on the duties of their
respective offices, take and subscribe the following oath or
affirmation before a person authorized to administer oaths.
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support, obey
and defend the Constitution of the United States and the
Constitution of this Commonwealth and that I will discharge the
duties of my office with fidelity."

The oath or affirmation shall be administered to a member of
the Senate or to a member of the House of Representatives in the
hall of the House to which he shall have been elected.
Any person refusing to take the oath or affirmation shall
forfeit his office.

Officers liable to impeachment - Constitution Of Pennsylvania ARTICLE VI. PUBLIC OFFICERS § 6
Officers liable to impeachment.
The Governor and all other civil officers shall be liable to
impeachment for any misbehavior in office,
but judgment in such
cases shall not extend further than to removal from office and
disqualification to hold any office of trust or profit under
this Commonwealth. The person accused, whether convicted or
acquitted, shall nevertheless be liable to indictment, trial,
judgment and punishment according to law.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:52 pm 

All I will say to Ms Kane is, I have a legal permit to carry, and if I ever see her in a mugging or attack situation I will not help her, she is on her own.

A Pessimist is an Optimist with Experience

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:32 pm 

Newspolice wrote:
Why would she be concerned about a pa citizens permit being recognized in another legal carry state. My Driver lic. is legals accross the country , my CCW should be also .Never needed a back ground ck for my DL.

The answer to this is, she is not concerned with Pennsylvanians carrying in other states. She is concerned with citizens from other states carrying in PA. The problem is that different states require different qualifications to carry concealed. Some require state approved classes. And those states do not want to honor permits from states like ours that are "shall issue" states. Basically if you pass the background check you get the permit. And at least one state, I believe it is in new england, allows concealed carry without any type of background check. If you think about it even having a background check to receive a card that says you can carry a weapon concealed is a redundant system. To buy a handgun the seller has to call and do the background check on you. And you can buy a handgun without a permit to carry. So if it is illegal for a felon to posess a gun isn't it also illegal for him to buy a gun and carry a gun? Will a felon not carry a gun just because the County courthouse says he can't have a permit?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:01 pm 

schlep1967 wrote:
Newspolice wrote:

The answer to this is, she is not concerned with Pennsylvanians carrying in other states. She is concerned with citizens from other states carrying in PA. The problem is that different states require different qualifications to carry concealed. Some require state approved classes. And those states do not want to honor permits from states like ours that are "shall issue" states. Basically if you pass the background check you get the permit. And at least one state, I believe it is in new england, allows concealed carry without any type of background check. If you think about it even having a background check to receive a card that says you can carry a weapon concealed is a redundant system. To buy a handgun the seller has to call and do the background check on you. And you can buy a handgun without a permit to carry. So if it is illegal for a felon to posess a gun isn't it also illegal for him to buy a gun and carry a gun? Will a felon not carry a gun just because the County courthouse says he can't have a permit?

[color=#BF00BF]Schlep, in Pa a felon cannot buy a gun legally, so he's broken the law if he does and so is a Gun Shop that sells a handgun to him.[/color]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:19 pm 

tenringx wrote:
schlep1967 wrote:
Newspolice wrote:

[color=#BF00BF]Schlep, in Pa a felon cannot buy a gun legally, so he's broken the law if he does and so is a Gun Shop that sells a handgun to him.[/color]

Yea that is what I was saying. What I was getting at is that having the permit system is useless. The only people that will apply to get the permit are law abiding citizens, or at least citizens that have not been caught breaking the law. All others will carry without the little card in their wallet. And if they are carrying truely concealed, nobody will ever know the difference. If an officer pulls you over and runs your vehicle registration, assuming it is your vehicle, he can then pull up your PA Driver license. And I will assume he then also knows you also have a permit to carry concealed. So now he will approach your car assuming you have a weapon. Pretty much the same way he would approach if he knows you are a convicted felon. So what did having a permit gain me, the law abiding citizen? Nothing as now I will be viewed about the same as a felon when approached by an officer.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:43 pm 

schlep1967 wrote:
So now he will approach your car assuming you have a weapon.

He has to assume that no matter what. Which is why you should sit there with your hands on the wheel, at the 2:00 and 10:00 positions. No matter who you are.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:20 pm 

I don't know if your Carry Permit does come up with a license check, the few times I've been stopped for license checks, the police never ask me about a Carry Permit or a Firearm.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:50 pm 

About 30 some yrs a go I bought a used truck, that turned out to be a stolen truck. the state police showed at my work 20 to speak with me and ck out the truck for numbers and other things to be sure it was the correct truck. I had my 38 under a flap of carpet next to my seat .while the cops was looking for spearker wires or such behind and around the carpet I made mention to be carefull my 38 was under the carpet and told him where. He just grinned and flipped the carpet back and put it on the dash and said you have a permit for that right? I just grinned back what I could cause I was pissed my truck was gonna be impounded , and said i think You already know that answer.so it would be safe to say any one suspect they should be able to access that info if they feel they would need to .

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:46 pm 

Newspolice wrote:
About 30 some yrs a go I bought a used truck, that turned out to be a stolen truck. the state police showed at my work 20 to speak with me and ck out the truck for numbers and other things to be sure it was the correct truck. I had my 38 under a flap of carpet next to my seat .while the cops was looking for spearker wires or such behind and around the carpet I made mention to be carefull my 38 was under the carpet and told him where. He just grinned and flipped the carpet back and put it on the dash and said you have a permit for that right? I just grinned back what I could cause I was pissed my truck was gonna be impounded , and said i think You already know that answer.so it would be safe to say any one suspect they should be able to access that info if they feel they would need to .

Lucky you weren't charged with receiving stolen property.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:53 am 

Vic wrote:
schlep1967 wrote:
So now he will approach your car assuming you have a weapon.

He has to assume that no matter what. Which is why you should sit there with your hands on the wheel, at the 2:00 and 10:00 positions. No matter who you are.

I've been pulled over a couple of times. License check, warning for speeding a little--ok. When it is dark, I also turn on the interior lights before the officer gets up to my vehicle so he can at least see inside.