It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome to Talkback 27!
This is your forum to comment on current affairs and news stories.
The comments you make here may be used on our television newscasts.
If you wish, you may also leave your thoughts on our telephone feedback line.
That number is (717) 265-8527.

Post subject: Sen. Bob Casey does U-turn to support assault-weapons ban
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:49 am 

Quote:
Many Pennsylvania lawmakers' well-established resistance to stricter gun-control laws continued to shift Thursday as calls for action grew following last week's deadly Newtown, Conn. school shooting.

U.S. Sen. Bob Casey Jr. was the most prominent commonwealth political figure to back away from a rigid gun-rights position.

In a brief, but reflective telephone interview with The Patriot-News Thursday, Casey said he was “haunted” by the images of the shooting, and that his wife Terese' reaction prompted his change of heart.

“My wife, she said 'You're going to have to vote on this'. How can you continue to support the concept?',” Casey said. “I knew I'd be facing a vote, and she was confronting me, and made me think. Being challenged by people that I love very much, sometimes human emotion, and outrage, and your own reaction can provide more clarity.”

As a result, the conservative Scranton Democrat, who does not own a gun, said he now favors President Barack Obama's effort to ban assault weapons and magazines that carry large quantities of ammunition.

Who among those that pay attention EVER believed that Casey supported gun rights, the 2nd amendment, or the constitution in the first place?

He only spent enough time acting like it was a struggle so he could continue to buffalo idiots into thinking he supported the 2nd amendment in the first place.

Way to stand up for the constitution Bobby.

Post subject: Re: Sen. Bob Casey does U-turn to support assault-weapons ba
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:18 pm 

Mr. Casey please remember, you are not elected to office to represent your wife. You are elected to office represent all of your constituents.

The anti's are contacting their Congressmen and Senators. Remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Gun owners need to start making some noise also. Get on the phones and start sending emails. That is the only way both sides will be heard.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:02 pm 

Yeah but he just got re-elected. It will all be forgotten by the time he is up for election again :roll:

Anyone who remembers and brings it up then will just be labeled as a NUT :?

It's a no-win. :(

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:54 pm 

He always claimed to be pro gun ,but never realy was it was just for votes .if he really wa do you think all the liberals in Pa would have reelected him, He's as much pro gun as his Daaddy was . A contact sent to him get you a canned reply that takes a week or so same to Toomey you get an answer in two days

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:22 pm 

Casey, in addition to bowing to his wife, shows with out a question he is a Democrat, not a person representing his voters or even following common sense. After watching the Democratic reaction to the shootings, and the "fiscal cliff" fiasco, I am convinced that party is bent on stuffing their idealologies down my throat.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:24 pm 

Newspolice wrote:
A contact sent to him get you a canned reply that takes a week or so ...

Similar thing with me. Several years ago our church had form letters to send to the federal legislators regarding some pro-life issue. A canned reply came several months later touting his pro-life record. I was surprised they bothered to reply since I addressed it to Senator Notsantorum at his address. :lol:

He's as bogus on abortion as he is on every other issue. He's constantly promoted as conservative, just like in Ben's quote, but he always votes the way the Democrat leadership directs. The Catholic pro-life group that hands out literature outside of church didn't deem him (a Catholic) "pro-abortion" in the 2012 election like Obama and the other Democrat candidates, but they didn't give him the "pro-life" endorsement either. They gave that to his opponent, the Lutheran guy, whom they determined to be genuine.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:17 am 

Don't know who he thought he was fooling claiming to be pro gun all this time ,he vote in step with Obama all the way and ck out obamas senate record on guns.

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:07 pm 

schlep1967 wrote:
Mr. Casey please remember, you are not elected to office to represent your wife. You are elected to office represent all of your constituents.

The anti's are contacting their Congressmen and Senators. Remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Gun owners need to start making some noise also. Get on the phones and start sending emails. That is the only way both sides will be heard.

Well Schlep his wife is squeaking, and if he wants to be happy he has to grease her.

A Pessimist is an Optimist with Experience

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:29 am 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:31 pm 

schlep1967 wrote:

I've already done the senators including politely letting Casey know what I think of his stance.
My House Rep. is changing and the new guy doesn't take over until sometime in January and has no official website up yet so I have to wait on that one.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:07 am 

Vic wrote:

AWE look at the grinn on bammys face looks like bobby just kissed him

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:10 am 

Newspolice wrote:
Vic wrote:

AWE look at the grinn on bammys face looks like bobby just kissed him

Where is Bammys Flag Lapel Pin?

A Pessimist is an Optimist with Experience

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:14 am 

Only Americans wear them.