It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome to Talkback 27!
This is your forum to comment on current affairs and news stories.
The comments you make here may be used on our television newscasts.
If you wish, you may also leave your thoughts on our telephone feedback line.
That number is (717) 265-8527.

Post subject: Gun owners the next Rosa Parks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:03 pm 

The Weekly Standard reported that, “Vice President Joe Biden revealed that President Barack Obama might use an executive order to deal with guns.”
“The president is going to act,” said Biden, giving some comments to the press before a meeting with victims of gun violence. “There are executive orders, there’s executive action that can be taken. We haven’t decided what that is yet. But we’re compiling it all with the help of the attorney general and the rest of the cabinet members as well as legislative action that we believe is required.”

Biden said that this is a moral issue and that “it’s critically important that we act.”

“If it comes to the actual implementation of an actual confiscatory directive from our president, then I do believe that the heroes of the law enforcement will defy this order. I do believe that there are enough soulless sheep within our government who would act on such an illegal order but I believe the powers that be at the local, state, and regional law enforcement would halt such an illegal, anti-American order,” said Nugent.
Nugent continued, law[b]“You are talking to a guy who talks to more gun owners in more heated and concerned conversations than anyone who lives. These are top notch heroes of law enforcement and military who understand this experiment in self-government and we will not let it [gun confiscation] happen, we will do it peaceful.

“But there will come a time when the gun owners of America, the -abiding gun owners of America, will be the Rosa Parks and we will sit down on the front seat of the bus, case closed.”[/
b]http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/ted-nugent-gun-owners-the-next-rosa-parks/

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/ted-nugent-gun-owners-the-next-rosa-parks/#cvClpUeWLYASsQe6.99

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.

Post subject: Re: Gun owners the next Rosa Parks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:20 pm 

You mean an executive order can trump a Constitutional Right? All the while ignoring all the other circumstances around each of these gun incidents? This executive branch is showing me a couple of things: #1 Complete stupidity as to the real problem--unbalanced people using a gun to bring attention to themselves. Ban guns, they WILL come up with another weapon to attain their goals. #2 Their overriding attempts to circumvent Checks and Balances established by our founding fathers of this country by use of executive order rather than through the legislative branch. #3 Blind compliance by our citizens thinking this President is above reproach.

Yep, Bamy is pushing us toward anarchy, and despite cries from the liberal left stating the evil of the conservative right, someone has to stand their ground.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:07 pm 

The republic was designed with three branches to the guberment to keep things in ck .bammy don't like that ,and if we don't get loud , those we elected to enforce the oath they took he will walk right over them, seems there's little spine in the congress more like a bunch of worms.We law abiding person who sat by putting faith in our system will now have to awaken and hammer the phones to our reps and sen. lest we end up like Germany

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:46 pm 

Obama will gut the Second Amendment just as he has already gutted the First Amendment. Our Constitution no longer matters to Democrats in Congress, the Supreme Court, the press, or the dolts who got Obama elected twice, and it has NEVER mattered to Obama.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:02 am 

Not that I would put anything past Obama, but you have to consider the source of this revelation is Joe Biden. Executive orders don't apply directly to the people. They are not laws. They are policy directives telling federal agencies (the executive branch) how to conduct business. He has no authority to make laws, change laws, repeal laws or repeal Constitutional Amendments.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:17 pm 

Rudey wrote:
Not that I would put anything past Obama, but you have to consider the source of this revelation is Joe Biden. Executive orders don't apply directly to the people. They are not laws. They are policy directives telling federal agencies (the executive branch) how to conduct business. He has no authority to make laws, change laws, repeal laws or repeal Constitutional Amendments.

You think he cares.

A Pessimist is an Optimist with Experience

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:21 pm 

Why all the attention on the AR-15? There was no AR-15 used at the school. There was no 30 round mags used. The shooter used two handguns with at least 3 mags per handgun, Glock and a Sig Sauer. Again why all the grief and attention on the AR-15 type firearm. Lets hear more on the irresponsible people that knew this screw loose person and did nothing about him, to help prevent the tragedy.

And what do we have in D.C., a bunch of Chicken Little Libs lacking common sense, and even less knowledge of firearms, DICTATING TO THE AMERICAN CITIZEN ON WHAT HE CAN OWN AND HAVE. Washington D.C. is currently a disgrace to the UNITED STATES of AMERICA.

A Pessimist is an Optimist with Experience

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:07 pm 

Agreed tenrinx :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:09 pm 

tenringx wrote:
Washington D.C. is currently a disgrace to the UNITED STATES of AMERICA.

And if the man it was named after was alive today, he'd be leading a revolution to overthrow it. In all actuality, our current federal government is illegal. It does not respect the governmental constraints put in the Constitution to prevent tyranny, and it is what our founding fathers warned us about.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:13 pm 

tenringx wrote:
Why all the attention on the AR-15? There was no AR-15 used at the school. There was no 30 round mags used. The shooter used two handguns with at least 3 mags per handgun, Glock and a Sig Sauer. Again why all the grief and attention on the AR-15 type firearm. Lets hear more on the irresponsible people that knew this screw loose person and did nothing about him, to help prevent the tragedy.

And what do we have in D.C., a bunch of Chicken Little Libs lacking common sense, and even less knowledge of firearms, DICTATING TO THE AMERICAN CITIZEN ON WHAT HE CAN OWN AND HAVE. Washington D.C. is currently a disgrace to the UNITED STATES of AMERICA.

~~~Beyond coincidence: Pieces of the puzzle rapidly coming together
Sure, a car crash involving John Noveske could be a coincidence. It could also be a coincidence that no video footage has been released from Sandy Hook showing Adam Lanza carrying any rifle whatsoever.It might also be a coincidence that Dianne Feinstein just happened to have her detailed gun confiscation bill ready to release immediately following the Sandy Hook shooting.It might also be a total coincidence that according to Google.com, the United Way Sandy Hook donation support page was created on December 11, 2012 — a full three days before the shooting took place.It could also be a total coincidence that NBC News reported Adam Lanza’s AR-15 rifle was left in his car and was never used in the shooting at all.I suppose it could be a coincidence that Bank of America slammed home an economic embargo against an online gun parts retailer in the days following the Sandy Hook shooting.And it could be coincidence that Facebook suspended or shut down the accounts of hundreds of prominent people who advocated the Second Amendment, including our account here at Natural News.

And finally, it could be a total coincidence that police radio recordings seem to indicate there were multiple shooters involved in Sandy Hook.

But what are the odds of ALL of these coincidences existing simultaneously? Those odds are virtually zero.

Something’s fishy with all this. It’s becoming increasingly apparent that an order has come down from the very top to destroy, silence, threaten or execute true American patriots. Steve Quayle has long predicted this would be the very first step before foreign troops are unleashed on American soil to take over the country and deliver it, just as Obama has always planned, into the hands of the globalist crime syndicate.

It all sounds outrageous, I admit, and I’m not even sure what to believe myself. But it’s becoming more difficult by the day to…maske sense of the medias reporting and no investigations~~

READ MORE AT NATURALNEWS.COM
http://girlsjustwannahaveguns.com/2013/01/prominent-rifle-manufacturer-killed-in-mysterious-car-crash-days-after-posting-psych-drug-link-to-school-shooters/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:44 pm 

Come On People, common sense should prevail! They are not / do not want to take ALL your guns! Perhaps the guns people have no business with should be banned, like a assault gun that the military uses or a clip that shoots 30 rounds? Or any of the likes. If people wanna be heros, go carry those guns and fight in the war, if not the war, let them alone and keep them out of general population! If ya can't hit it with 6 bullets, ya need to go to a gun range and learn how to use a gun honestly. It isn't a guns fault, but till they lock up all the nut cases running loose, ya have to do something, and the shooting item is as good as the shooter that they never catch till it is too late. Mandatory gun & mental health backround checks for all sales and purchases would be a FAIR beginning in my mind. It seems logical and only fair for the safety of other Americans... It is NO solution to these ridiculous massacres that happen... but... It Is A Beginning!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:07 am 

furbud wrote:
Perhaps the guns people have no business with should be banned, like a assault gun that the military uses or a clip that shoots 30 rounds

Who says I have no business with it? Who decides that? I have a right to own them if I choose. The Constitution does not give me that right. But it states emphatically that the government shall not infringe on that right. They were waiting for a provocation, they were prepared, and they decided this Connecticut incident was it. Well they have a tough road ahead and they will not succeed. The American people will not stand for it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:58 am 

furbud wrote:
Come On People, common sense should prevail! They are not / do not want to take ALL your guns! Perhaps the guns people have no business with should be banned, like a assault gun that the military uses or a clip that shoots 30 rounds? Or any of the likes. If people wanna be heros, go carry those guns and fight in the war, if not the war, let them alone and keep them out of general population! If ya can't hit it with 6 bullets, ya need to go to a gun range and learn how to use a gun honestly. It isn't a guns fault, but till they lock up all the nut cases running loose, ya have to do something, and the shooting item is as good as the shooter that they never catch till it is too late. Mandatory gun & mental health backround checks for all sales and purchases would be a FAIR beginning in my mind. It seems logical and only fair for the safety of other Americans... It is NO solution to these ridiculous massacres that happen... but... It Is A Beginning!!!

That's what they said in Germany, Japan, Great Britain, China, Australia, The Soviet Union, I could go on and on but you get the idea, throughout history million upon millions lost their lives because they were disarmed and could not protect themselves or their families. Hence the second amendment of the Constitution of the United State Of America. Those other countries did not have those constitutional protections so their governments disarmed them and then subjected them to the will of a few. Our forefathers foresaw a danger and dealt with it in the Bill Of Rights, they were much smarter than many these days give them credit for.
Whether or not you believe that citizens NEED assault weapon look-a-likes (Real assault weapons were banned in 1934 and still are) and high capacity magazines, the fact remains that the second amendment gives us the right to own either or both if we wish to. And I'm sorry if you disagree but we will fight tooth and nail to keep our constitutional rights from being trampled on. The part that says "Shall Not Be Infringed" has already taken a beating in 1934, 1968, 1983-84 and again in 1994.
Enough is enough !!!
We've got several Federal gun laws and numerous state gun laws on top of them and yet we've still got high crime rates and mass killings, and we've got cities with complete gun bans that have over 500 shootings a year proving that the laws are not working even if they are enforced, all they are doing is stomping on the rights of honest law abiding citizens.
The Kid at Sandy Hook broke 18 laws while committing the atrocity , do you think one more would have stopped him ?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:54 pm 

I love how non-hunters say "what do you need 30 rounds for?". Cause I can, that's why.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:35 pm 

LocalGrown wrote:
I love how non-hunters say "what do you need 30 rounds for?". Cause I can, that's why.

Yeah, I hear ya. I am a VERY GOOD SHOT, thats why I mentioned that. I can hit my target easily, but in my wildest dreams, never would I need 30 unless it were for something dangerous. The power trip isn't worth the chance anymore. When kids get pi**ed off they throw tamtrums and are used to getting what they want. They don't think what they are doing can't be corrected by the same people that made them the way they are many times! When they realize it can't be fixed, IT IS TOO LATE!

Assualt weapons at a gun range may be OK but definately not in general population!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:59 am 

LocalGrown wrote:

You don't actually own a printing press do you? So why do you need freedom of press?

I'll be honest here, I am very afraid of what is around the corner in regards to the 2nd amendment (and what will follow). The same fools that voted for BO are the ones that do not carry or even own a weapon. They are the ones that don't care about the 2nd amendment. They think, because it does not directly affect them, it will not have an impact on them. They are too short sighted to realize what butchering the 2nd amendment will do to this Country.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:40 pm 

furbud wrote:
Assualt weapons at a gun range may be OK but definately not in general population!

Furbud, I have never seen a law abiding citizen carrying an "assult weapon" in public. Every semi-automatic rifle I have ever seen being fired was at targets. Notice I didn't use the term assult weapon because these are not the same weapons the military use. They look like them but they can not fire on full automatic. If they have been modified to fire fully automatic they are already illegal to have.

Do you feel the police should be armed with AR15 style weapons? I'll assume your answer is yes. Most people do think the police need those weapons to protect themselves against criminals. So if the police need those weapons to protect themselves from somebody that may be sitting right next to you right now, why is it that nobody else deserves the right to protect themselves against the same threat?

The Sandyhook gunman was in that building for 17 minutes after the 911 call was made until the Police found him dead. If he had went in there armed with 2 machette's he could have killed just as many if not more because it would have been silent and less alarming to others. Yet the answer is to disarm law abiding citizens. I don't think so.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:24 pm 

jadiff wrote:
You don't actually own a printing press do you? So why do you need freedom of press?

I'll be honest here, I am very afraid of what is around the corner in regards to the 2nd amendment (and what will follow). The same fools that voted for BO are the ones that do not carry or even own a weapon. They are the ones that don't care about the 2nd amendment. They think, because it does not directly affect them, it will not have an impact on them. They are too short sighted to realize what butchering the 2nd amendment will do to this Country.

Oh, I know, you're absolutely right. And now some are calling for semi-automatic bans. Really? Do you even effing know the difference between an auto & a semi? NO, YOU DON'T! I had a friend tell me the other week that semi's go tat-tat-tat. She refused to believe me when I told her she was wrong. I said "Are YOU really arguing with ME??". She don't know jack about guns & she knows I do. She didn't believe me til my National Guard cubbie mate told her I was right. Fine, I can fire a revolver just a quick. Idiots.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:55 pm 

LocalGrown wrote:
Oh, I know, you're absolutely right. And now some are calling for semi-automatic bans. Really? Do you even effing know the difference between an auto & a semi? NO, YOU DON'T! I had a friend tell me the other week that semi's go tat-tat-tat. She refused to believe me when I told her she was wrong. I said "Are YOU really arguing with ME??". She don't know jack about guns & she knows I do. She didn't believe me til my National Guard cubbie mate told her I was right. Fine, I can fire a revolver just a quick. Idiots.

What you are seeing on the news and hearing from politicians is quite purposeful. It is to spread disinformation in order to win the gun stupid over to their side.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:03 pm 

Rudey wrote:
LocalGrown wrote:

What you are seeing on the news and hearing from politicians is quite purposeful. It is to spread disinformation in order to win the gun stupid over to their side.

You are correct, a lot of the misinformation is intentional. There are many people who literally don't know which end of the gun the bullet comes out of and they will believe anything.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:28 pm 

schlep1967 wrote:
furbud wrote:

Furbud, I have never seen a law abiding citizen carrying an "assult weapon" in public. Every semi-automatic rifle I have ever seen being fired was at targets. Notice I didn't use the term assult weapon because these are not the same weapons the military use. They look like them but they can not fire on full automatic. If they have been modified to fire fully automatic they are already illegal to have.

Do you feel the police should be armed with AR15 style weapons? I'll assume your answer is yes. Most people do think the police need those weapons to protect themselves against criminals. So if the police need those weapons to protect themselves from somebody that may be sitting right next to you right now, why is it that nobody else deserves the right to protect themselves against the same threat?

The Sandyhook gunman was in that building for 17 minutes after the 911 call was made until the Police found him dead. If he had went in there armed with 2 machette's he could have killed just as many if not more because it would have been silent and less alarming to others. Yet the answer is to disarm law abiding citizens. I don't think so.
schlep1967 wrote:
furbud wrote:

Hi Schlep1967,
The simple answer is NO, the police should not carry those weapons either. Perhaps the swat teams or emergency response teams, never the standard police! As far as Machetes? Get real will ya... Times are changing fast, and also the competency of people who possess these items is. 1 of my friends said the reason they have an assault type weapon is because they can. I said simply, don't cry when it goes wrong... It can happen. I live where the gun totting soccer mom got killed by her husband with her OWN gun! I don't hear much out of that end of town anymore, the danger hit home!!! They got bit in the butt, beware, things do bite people back! I also know a gun collector who gets DRUNK nightly and lives by LIMBAUGH, guess what, he will be the next victim, I hope not as he is my tenant, but he really may well be because of his mouth and unreal thought process! Be glad ya are alive and live for tomorrow, don't make lots of enemies, make friends!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:30 pm 

furbud wrote:
schlep1967 wrote:
furbud wrote:

schlep1967 wrote:
furbud wrote:

Hi Schlep1967,
The simple answer is NO, the police should not carry those weapons either. Perhaps the swat teams or emergency response teams, never the standard police! As far as Machetes? Get real will ya... Times are changing fast, and also the competency of people who possess these items is. 1 of my friends said the reason they have an assault type weapon is because they can. I said simply, don't cry when it goes wrong... It can happen. I live where the gun totting soccer mom got killed by her husband with her OWN gun! I don't hear much out of that end of town anymore, the danger hit home!!! They got bit in the butt, beware, things do bite people back! I also know a gun collector who gets DRUNK nightly and lives by LIMBAUGH, guess what, he will be the next victim, I hope not as he is my tenant, but he really may well be because of his mouth and unreal thought process! Be glad ya are alive and live for tomorrow, don't make lots of enemies, make friends!

Schlep1967, I meant to say at the end of my response, "Respectfully".

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:54 am 

furbud wrote:
Hi Schlep1967,

furbud I'm confused, this post is mostly gibberish. What are you trying to say?
Set the record straight, do you support the second amendment or do you think it's alright to restrict the constitutional rights of millions upon millions of honest law abiding citizens by banning certain guns and magazines?
It's gotta be one or the other, there really isn't any in between, you either think it's OK to ban guns or you don't.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:34 pm 

furbud wrote:

Hi Schlep1967,

1) So you feel police should go into a confrontation with inferior weapons to the ones criminals use. I guess you don't remember the California bank robbery a few years back that had criminals with fully automatic weapons (yes there is a law against that but laws only apply to the law abiding) and the cops had their standard issue handguns. Cops actually went to local gun shops to get rifles so they could fight these guys. Poor Idea.
2) If I recall her husband walked up behind her while she was chatting/cheating on him on the internet. He could just as easily slit her throat. And what does this have to do with "assult weapons"?
3) Does your tenant do anything with his guns when he is drunk? I'll assume he has a car also and more are killed by drunk drivers than by drunk shooters.

We would be much better to address enforcing existing laws. Check out channel 21's news. They are actually giving the pro gun side some say on their site. It is a felony to lie on an application/background check form. In 2010 there were over 80,000 deneid background checks where the applicants lied on the forms. There were 45 people that were prosecuted for trying to illegally obtian a gun. We have thousands of gun laws. When we are enforcing all of them and it is not working then, maybe we could tweak a few of them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:20 pm 

the koerans saved thier busineses in the LS roits BECASE they had ARs ,remember the woman with her twin the other week shot that intruder 5 X and he was still able to run off and drive away untill he crashed,% shots to the head and upper body did not stop him ,what if there were two guys ? she and her 2 boys could be dead. there's many reason fro higher cap guns than just sport and compitition,most staes allow hunting with em, Pa has always been backwards in that way. They allow semi auto shotguns that are way more dangerous . don't believe it ck this out ~~http://teapartyorg.ning.com/video/video/show?id=4301673:Video:1232262&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_video