It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome to Talkback 27!
This is your forum to comment on current affairs and news stories.
The comments you make here may be used on our television newscasts.
If you wish, you may also leave your thoughts on our telephone feedback line.
That number is (717) 265-8527.

Post subject: Gov. Corbett hosts private meeting
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:14 pm 

Gov. Corbett hosts private meeting for former PSU football players

Governor Tom Corbett held a private dinner for former Penn State football players at his residence in Harrisburg Tuesday night to discuss the pending lawsuit against the NCAA, according to an email obtained by abc27 News.

The email was written by Corbett's deputy chief of staff, Luke Bernstein, who extended the invite to "additional lettermen" in an effort to make sure no one was excluded.

More than 75 former players spent several hours inside the Governor's Mansion, where a question and answer session was held regarding the timeline of events and Corbett's handling of the entire Sandusky investigation, attendees said.

"He offered us a special opportunity to come here without the media and I think that allowed us to be a little more candid in our responses and in our questions as well," Class of 2000 player Travis Forney said.

Corbett announced the federal antitrust lawsuit at a press conference in State College on January 2, saying the NCAA violated its own bylaws when it relied on the Louis Freeh Report to help determine its punitive measures against Penn State's football program. The sanctions include a $60 million fine, a loss of scholarships and a four-year bowl ban.

Critics say the lawsuit, which seeks to reverse the sanctions Corbett initially accepted, is a political move aimed at regaining the trust and support of the 'Penn State Faithful,' but following the meeting, players said they're pleased with what the Governor had to say. They would not, however, elaborate on what exactly was discussed.

"I don't think there's a political motive to this," Class of 1965 player Donnie Miller said. "I do think he sees some things that just don't add up and he's trying to get answers and that's why he filed the suit."

Governor Corbett should have a public Q & A regarding his handling of the entire Sandusky investigation. But I know he could not handle it
He has been known to blow a fuse when asked simple questions about it before

The Husband & I hold hands as we walk home in the darkness
We know our path
We know who the machine is
We hear the sounds
We are headed home

Post subject: Re: Gov. Corbett hosts private meeting
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:47 pm 

I saw somebody blowing a fuse when asked simple questions today.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:24 pm 

Hillary used the age old " the best defense is a good offence". I think she actually scared both Houses of Congress into not asking any tough questions.
But she did say she was responsible, does that mean that she can be charged with involuntary manslaughter for the four deaths ?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:38 pm 

She cracked me up with her fake (tearless) crying 15 minutes into the hearing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:15 am 

Her analogy was way off base, and she really didn't care, when she said it doesn't matter how it happen, referring to the video. Smartest women in the WORLD, REALLY?

A Pessimist is an Optimist with Experience

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:40 pm 

"What does it matter now?" Typical post event excuse from a guilty party.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:15 pm 

She meant what difference does it make the elections over ,we lied long enough to COA untill now , now tell us that it wasn't a mission ,it wasn't a consulate or embassy ,it was a covert illegal gun running to the rebels & terrorists . How could we go on record suppling security to a place that didn't exist as a legit location.

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.