It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome to Talkback 27!
This is your forum to comment on current affairs and news stories.
The comments you make here may be used on our television newscasts.
If you wish, you may also leave your thoughts on our telephone feedback line.
That number is (717) 265-8527.

Post subject: Man fatally shot outside eastern Pa. strip club
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:39 am 

Police are seeking information after a 21-year-old man was fatally shot outside a strip club in Allentown.

The Lehigh County coroner says Tyree Wimberly was shot outside Scoobies Gentleman's Club around 1:30 a.m. Saturday. Coroner Scott Grim says Wimberly suffered gunshot wounds to his body and the death has been ruled a homicide.

Police say Wimberly was found outside the club and was later pronounced dead at a hospital.

Investigators are seeking information in the shooting and did not immediately have a suspect.

Only perverts go to places like this
Not gentlemen

The Husband & I hold hands as we walk home in the darkness
We know our path
We know who the machine is
We hear the sounds
We are headed home

Post subject: Re: Man fatally shot outside eastern Pa. strip club
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:16 pm 

"Only perverts go to places like this "
~~ That an interesting thought? He enjoys watching scantily clad woman dance for him , in a legal establishment at his expense. It's his choice he made thats not harming anyone anymore than a day on the beach watching woman dang near as naked. that pretty harsh judgement on a man you don't even know. I don't know the club or the man ,maybe some hanky panky goes on there that not legal maybe not,but there are such places that aren't a bunch of as you say 'perverts" your hubby don't look when a half naked pretty girl strolls by at the beach ,right? if not ,then he's already dead. Told my wife like 35 yrs ago i'm married but i'm still a girl watcher.I quit looking when i'm Dead or turn Gay, neither were on my things to do list.

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:26 pm 

There is talk that the Treasury wants to stop printing the dollar bill and only have a dollar coin. That will take an act of Congress though. I wonder what impact that would have on these kind of clubs.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:09 pm 

Rudey wrote:
There is talk that the Treasury wants to stop printing the dollar bill and only have a dollar coin. That will take an act of Congress though. I wonder what impact that would have on these kind of clubs.

"INSERT DOLLAR IN COIN SLOT"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:11 pm 

Im sure all the "Gentlemen" handing out a dollar get all the attention

We know our path
We hear the sounds
We are headed home

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:13 pm 

Dancer wrote:
Im sure all the "Gentlemen" handing out a dollar get all the attention

Also the female patrons who hand out a dollar.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:57 am 

If they are cold coins they just might wiggle a little more :lol: :lol:

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:58 am 

Wow, talk about hitting a new low.......posting a news article about a young man that was shot to DEATH and insinuating that he was a pervert. I am sure that young man has family and friends that are in deep mourning and find it appalling that you stoop to those depths....but then again, perhaps there is no stooping involved....you are obviously already down there......how sadly pathetic........

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:34 am 

Dagney wrote:
Wow, talk about hitting a new low.......posting a news article about a young man that was shot to DEATH and insinuating that he was a pervert. I am sure that young man has family and friends that are in deep mourning and find it appalling that you stoop to those depths....but then again, perhaps there is no stooping involved....you are obviously already down there......how sadly pathetic........

I never said he was in the club or that he was a pervert.
I was talking about the club in general

Scoobie's shooting victim was innocent bystander, friends say

BETHLEHEM, Pa. -
Bethlehem's latest homicide victim was at the wrong place at the wrong time, friends said.

A candlelight vigil Monday night remembered a young man gunned down outside a local strip club over the weekend.

Tyree Wimberly was shot to death just after 1:30 a.m. Saturday outside Scoobie's Gentleman's Club on Hanover Avenue, at the Allentown-Bethlehem city line, police said. According to friends and family, Wimberly, 21, was walking home from a nearby store and was not even inside the club.

"The guy was trying to sell him some weed that he didn't [want]; they didn't even smoke," said longtime friend Robert Favinger Jr. "He got mad at Ty because they didn't want it, I guess. He wanted to fight Ty, pulled out the gun and shot him."

We know our path
We hear the sounds
We are headed home

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:59 am 

Dancer wrote:
Dagney wrote:

BETHLEHEM, Pa. -
Bethlehem's latest homicide victim was at the wrong place at the wrong time, friends said.

A candlelight vigil Monday night remembered a young man gunned down outside a local strip club over the weekend.

Tyree Wimberly was shot to death just after 1:30 a.m. Saturday outside Scoobie's Gentleman's Club on Hanover Avenue, at the Allentown-Bethlehem city line, police said. According to friends and family, Wimberly, 21, was walking home from a nearby store and was not even inside the club.

"The guy was trying to sell him some weed that he didn't [want]; they didn't even smoke," said longtime friend Robert Favinger Jr. "He got mad at Ty because they didn't want it, I guess. He wanted to fight Ty, pulled out the gun and shot him."

I, too, can play word games:
Insinuate: transitive and intransitive verb imply something: to hint at something unpleasant or suggest it indirectly and gradually.....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:36 pm 

Dagney wrote:
Dancer wrote:
Dagney wrote:

BETHLEHEM, Pa. -

I, too, can play word games:
Insinuate: transitive and intransitive verb imply something: to hint at something unpleasant or suggest it indirectly and gradually.....

Dancer's MO :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: