It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome to Talkback 27!
This is your forum to comment on current affairs and news stories.
The comments you make here may be used on our television newscasts.
If you wish, you may also leave your thoughts on our telephone feedback line.
That number is (717) 265-8527.

Post subject: Columbia dancers could bare it all, not all for it
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:44 pm 

From scantily clad to baring it all. That's how a local club wants its dancers to perform. It's an idea locals are taking issue with.
"I don't like strip clubs. Its just...no," said Monica Pyfer. For three years, she lived across the street from Club Good Times in Columbia.
Pyfer says she doesn't judge the women inside, but she didn't like being treated like one of them by patrons outside.
"They just sit there and stare at you," she said of club-goers.
But attracting more of that clientele is what club management wants.
"It's very popular because it has little to no competition," said Jeff Helm, Columbia's planning and zoning officer.
A proposal was submitted to the borough's zoning board to allow dancers to perform without any clothing at all.
It's not something area leaders want but the Union Street site is considered an "Adult use" location, and with that comes leverage.
"That typically points to scantily clad or nude dancing,"said Helm.
Both are largely prohibited by current Borough standards, but club good times operated as such before those regulations went into place. That gives them somewhat of a special status

"I have no reason whatsoever to want to go in," said Justin Hirneisen, who currently lives directly across from the club.
What he lacks in inside perspective he makes up for in outside experience, namely, loud music, street fights, and a lack of parking.
"We've got enough problems as it is," he said. "I cant see this making things any better."
The club's attorney told abc27 that the site's history involves tasteful nude dancing, and that they simply want to preserve that.
He added that even if the petition for nudity falls through, the club will continue to function as-is.
The borough and the zoning board want to hear more from residents. They will be holding their second meeting on the issue on Wednesday at 7 p.m.

Filth..It should be renamed to "Club Desperatetimes"

The Husband & I hold hands as we walk home in the darkness
We know our path
We know who the machine is
We hear the sounds
We are headed home

Post subject: Re: Columbia dancers could bare it all, not all for it
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:58 am 

I lived in Florida for a while. The strip clubs up are here are like church socials compared to the ones down there.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:11 am 

Vic wrote:
I lived in Florida for a while. The strip clubs up are here are like church socials compared to the ones down there.

The same in Texas, but they are fairly strictly regulated with police presence in almost every club.

Ever been to the 'Block' in Baltimore ? I think it's been cleaned up now but back in the day it was pretty much anything goes. But there was always a heavy police presence there too, in fact there was a police station around the corner.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:47 am 

TheSeif wrote:
The same in Texas, but they are fairly strictly regulated with police presence in almost every club.

Ever been to the 'Block' in Baltimore ? I think it's been cleaned up now but back in the day it was pretty much anything goes. But there was always a heavy police presence there too, in fact there was a police station around the corner.

The only cops I've ever seen in Florida strip clubs were ones who were off duty and drunk.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:21 pm 

Dancer wrote:
From scantily clad to baring it all. That's how a local club wants its dancers to perform. It's an idea locals are taking issue with.
"I don't like strip clubs. Its just...no," said Monica Pyfer. For three years, she lived across the street from Club Good Times in Columbia.
Pyfer says she doesn't judge the women inside, but she didn't like being treated like one of them by patrons outside.
"They just sit there and stare at you," she said of club-goers.
But attracting more of that clientele is what club management wants.
"It's very popular because it has little to no competition," said Jeff Helm, Columbia's planning and zoning officer.
A proposal was submitted to the borough's zoning board to allow dancers to perform without any clothing at all.
It's not something area leaders want but the Union Street site is considered an "Adult use" location, and with that comes leverage.
"That typically points to scantily clad or nude dancing,"said Helm.
Both are largely prohibited by current Borough standards, but club good times operated as such before those regulations went into place. That gives them somewhat of a special status

"I have no reason whatsoever to want to go in," said Justin Hirneisen, who currently lives directly across from the club.
What he lacks in inside perspective he makes up for in outside experience, namely, loud music, street fights, and a lack of parking.
"We've got enough problems as it is," he said. "I cant see this making things any better."
The club's attorney told abc27 that the site's history involves tasteful nude dancing, and that they simply want to preserve that.
He added that even if the petition for nudity falls through, the club will continue to function as-is.
The borough and the zoning board want to hear more from residents. They will be holding their second meeting on the issue on Wednesday at 7 p.m.

Letting the good times really roll, it sounds bad. Bet it would make a difference in the wallet for Columbia. Morals? Heck kids have been having kids for along time, your way to late on the moral issue. Altho there is a good probability you may gain alot of upscale investment from it which may offset taxes for the people of the boro! Don't cry when taxes go up because you blocked the good times from rolling better, respectfully!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:49 pm 

Dancer wrote:
Dancer,do you remember when you had sex outside of marriage?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:15 pm 

PublicByProxy wrote:
Dancer wrote:
Dancer,do you remember when you had sex outside of marriage?

I think my buddy is going SENILE when convienent!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:56 pm 

“@DanCarrigan1: Officials deny application. Dancers won't be fully nude at Columbia club”

We are very glad this was the verdict and shame on the slobs that do this

The Husband & I hold hands as we walk home in the darkness
We know our path
We know who the machine is
We hear the sounds
We are headed home

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:43 pm 

Is it also a shame they share your name?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:17 am 

PublicByProxy wrote:
Is it also a shame they share your name?

LOL, good one PBP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:25 pm 

"Dancers won't be fully nude at Columbia club" ~~ So two postage stamps and cork and they're legal :lol: :lol: :lol:

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:00 am 

Dancer wrote:Filth..It should be renamed to "Club Desperatetimes"[/quote]

But I thought you told me that this is where you met "the Husband" and Mildred ????

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:41 am 

davem wrote:
Dancer wrote:Filth..It should be renamed to "Club Desperatetimes"

But I thought you told me that this is where you met "the Husband" and Mildred ????[/quote]

They came in to watch Dancers Performance.

A Pessimist is an Optimist with Experience