It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome to Talkback 27!
This is your forum to comment on current affairs and news stories.
The comments you make here may be used on our television newscasts.
If you wish, you may also leave your thoughts on our telephone feedback line.
That number is (717) 265-8527.

Post subject: Camp Hill pumping raw sewage
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:35 am 

~~The state Department of Environmental Protection confirmed Friday that it is investigating the borough of Camp Hill for illegally pumping raw sewage into the Conodoguinet Creek.

A DEP spokeswoman told abc27 News the department received a tip that the illegal pumping has been happening since 2011. She said one of the sources is a pumping station at Seibert Memorial Park off Route 15.

"Camp Hill Borough's pump stations can not handle the amount of sewage with the influx of ground water during a wet season. That is the main problem they are experiencing," DEP spokeswoman Lisa Kasianowitz said. "This problem led them to purposely bypass into a local creek in Camp Hill Borough without informing DEP." ~~~ OK. Mz Lisa Kasianowitz ,DEP . Spokeperson. Explain how the little bit of rain we had effected a sewer system that by FEDERAL LAW is to be seperate from the storm drains.We didn't have 3-4" rain fall in 5 hrs or such. they are still sharing storm drains and sewers and it's not legal ,you @ DEP are aware of that. You have to be.Do you know how stupid that sounded "can not handle the amount of sewage with the influx of ground water during a wet season." thats as much as admitting they are running illegal, and have been doing so for 25 yrs that I'm aware of.I worked with persons who had raw sewerage come up into their basements over 25 yrs ago .Can you imagine you family romm in the basement with a bath and the tub drain is spewing sewerage..GAG!! It seems there's always Grant money for fun things ,but those that are needed ,not just wanted get the pass over.

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.

Post subject: Re: Camp Hill pumping raw sewage
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:15 am 

I don't know whether or not it applies in this situation, but many people have sump pumps in their basement that feed into the sanitary sewer.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:49 pm 

Vic wrote:
I don't know whether or not it applies in this situation, but many people have sump pumps in their basement that feed into the sanitary sewer.

~~ That not legal either.~~ and just adds to the problem,

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:17 pm 

Where else would you pump your sump?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:26 am 

LocalGrown wrote:

Mine pumps to the front lawn (a small french drain) which has a slight slope to the street and a storm drain.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:12 pm 

TheSeif wrote:
LocalGrown wrote:

Mine pumps to the front lawn (a small french drain) which has a slight slope to the street and a storm drain.

~~As it should, its illegal to pump surface water into the sewer system lines.~~ and that what you leaking basement water is classified as .

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:46 pm 

This crap has been going on in Camp Hill for years ..We are not surprised at all