It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome to Talkback 27!
This is your forum to comment on current affairs and news stories.
The comments you make here may be used on our television newscasts.
If you wish, you may also leave your thoughts on our telephone feedback line.
That number is (717) 265-8527.

Post subject: NJ Gov. Christie, Letterman laugh about fat jokes
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:40 pm 

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and David Letterman have shared some laughs about the many fat jokes the comedian has made about the lawmaker's ample girth.
Christie has termed his plumpness "fair game" for comedians. And during his first appearance on "Late Show with David Letterman" on Monday, the outspoken Republican and potential 2016 presidential contender read two of Letterman's jokes that he said were "some of my personal favorites."
The governor also drew loud laughs when he pulled out a doughnut and started eating it while Letterman asked him if he was bothered by the digs that have been made about his weight. Christie said he wasn't, noting that he laughs at the jokes if he finds them funny.

"Late Show" airs on CBS at 11:35 p.m. Eastern time.

Governor Chris Christie seems he is a down to earth person. Too bad others in his party are not the same.

Post subject: Re: NJ Gov. Christie, Letterman laugh about fat jokes
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:01 am 

Then I guess you agree with what Christie said about Obama's inaugural address last month:

“Instead of trying to bring people together it was a manifesto for, ‘Hey, it’s my way or the highway,’” Christie said on the monthly radio program Ask the Governor.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:36 pm 

Vic wrote:
Then I guess you agree with what Christie said about Obama's inaugural address last month:

“Instead of trying to bring people together it was a manifesto for, ‘Hey, it’s my way or the highway,’” Christie said on the monthly radio program Ask the Governor.

Remember these?

Vic wrote:

Chris Christie is a victim of Hurricane Sandy. That storm did something terrible to his brain.

Vic wrote:
I've always been a little leery of him, just because of how fat he is. Why does he eat SO MUCH FOOD that his health is threatened? Not the mark of a smart man.
I didn't like his speech at the RNC; he spent more time promoting himself than the ticket.
And now he heaps praise on Obama a week before the election.
Have another box of doughnuts, Chris. Maybe we won't have to listen to your crap much longer.

What we have said is Gov. Christie is down to earth. He was laughing and having a good time. You have now hung your hat on his inaugural comment ,But prior to that... his word was meaningless to you. We call that a flip flop

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:39 pm 

Dancer wrote:
Vic wrote:

Remember these?

Vic wrote:

Chris Christie is a victim of Hurricane Sandy. That storm did something terrible to his brain.

Vic wrote:
I've always been a little leery of him, just because of how fat he is. Why does he eat SO MUCH FOOD that his health is threatened? Not the mark of a smart man.
I didn't like his speech at the RNC; he spent more time promoting himself than the ticket.
And now he heaps praise on Obama a week before the election.
Have another box of doughnuts, Chris. Maybe we won't have to listen to your crap much longer.

What we have said is Gov. Christie is down to earth. He was laughing and having a good time. You have now hung your hat on his inaugural comment ,But prior to that... his word was meaningless to you. We call that a flip flop

So? You only like Christie when he has his nose up Obama's butt.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:42 pm 

Dancer wrote:
You have now hung your hat on his inaugural comment

I didn't hang my hat on it. What I did was put it in your face. And you reacted predictably.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:41 pm 

Vic wrote:
I didn't hang my hat on it.

A review of your posts shows a "Very" high percentage involving criticism on the President. Everybody knows where your hat is hung. I tried to post across the lines and that did not work.