It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome to Talkback 27!
This is your forum to comment on current affairs and news stories.
The comments you make here may be used on our television newscasts.
If you wish, you may also leave your thoughts on our telephone feedback line.
That number is (717) 265-8527.

Post subject: gun owners to buy at least $1M in insurance
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:58 pm 

N.Y. bill would force gun owners to buy at least $1M in insurance
Posted on: February 19th, 2013
A bill introduced in the New York State Assembly by Assemblyman Felix Ortiz, a Democrat, would require the state’s residents to acquire liability insurance as a condition for gun ownership.

“Any person in this state who shall own a firearm shall, prior to such ownership, obtain and continuously maintain a policy of liability insurance in an amount not less than one million dollars specifically covering any damages resulting from any negligent or willful acts involving the use of such firearm while it is owned by such person,” the measure, dubbed S2353, reads.
Any person who has not purchased insurance in compliance with the law within 30 days of its passing would be in violation of the law

Read more: http://patriotoutdoornews.com/5548/n-y-bill-would-force-gun-owners-to-buy-at-least-1m-in-insurance#ixzz2LONXgUVB ~~ Everyday more politican prove they are unfit for office,we got the fool on CO. that say women shouldn't carry for protection agaist rape and now this fool in NY . does he really think the persons doing the shootings atre gonna carry this ins.???? Just another infringement on the rights of the law abiding citizens of the state .~~ OH YEAH! "Any person who has not purchased insurance in compliance with the law within 30 days of its passing would be in violation of the law" We all know criminals obey the laws ,both Democrats, i'm changing my registration ,i no longer want to be classified with this party.

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.

Post subject: Re: gun owners to buy at least $1M in insurance
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:34 am 

They have already started their BS with people that reload ammo. They jacked the prices of PRIMERS up another 50% since last year and no one has any for sale. When asked WHY, the answer we get is Either all primers are going to ammo manufacturers, or the GOV. is buying them up, go figure.BTW, last year we were paying DOUBLE FOR PRIMERS then what we payed for them in the previous year.

A Pessimist is an Optimist with Experience

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:40 pm 

Just think of the possibilities.

Liability insurance for voting comes to mind.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:39 pm 

tenringx wrote:
They have already started their BS with people that reload ammo. They jacked the prices of PRIMERS up another 50% since last year and no one has any for sale. When asked WHY, the answer we get is Either all primers are going to ammo manufacturers, or the GOV. is buying them up, go figure.BTW, last year we were paying DOUBLE FOR PRIMERS then what we payed for them in the previous year.

At the place I usually get them the price has gone up, but only a few dollars for a brick of 1000, not 50%.
But you are correct, there are none to be found at the present time and by the time they are back in stock the price may well increase some more. Some places have been rationing them since even before Newtown. There don't seem to be any to be had online either, although I avoid buying them online because there is an extra $25.00 hazardous shipping charge, same for gunpowder.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:51 pm 

TheSeif wrote:
tenringx wrote:

At the place I usually get them the price has gone up, but only a few dollars for a brick of 1000, not 50%.
But you are correct, there are none to be found at the present time and by the time they are back in stock the price may well increase some more. Some places have been rationing them since even before Newtown. There don't seem to be any to be had online either, although I avoid buying them online because there is an extra $25.00 hazardous shipping charge, same for gunpowder.

I bought some in Dec. for $26.00, when I bought on Sat. they were $38.15 with tax a 1000. Only a short time ago they were $12 or $13 a 1000. One of my students tried to buy S&W 40's in Carlisle at Dunhams three weeks ago after a lesson and Dunhams had no 40's.

Last edited by tenringx on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:53 pm 

tenringx wrote:
TheSeif wrote:
tenringx wrote:

I bought some in Dec. for $26.00, when I bought on Sat. they were $38.15 with tax a 1000. Only a short time ago they were $12 or $13 a 1000.

~~and that was bulk junk stuff~~

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:09 am 

Don't see it happening, they can't force you to have homeowners insurance.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:09 am 

LocalGrown wrote:

While I agree with you LG, I also see an administration bent on bowing to the wishes of a few, while ignoring the masses. Using all in its power (media, passion, etc), this government is totally ignoring our history, and writing its own for their own under the guise of helping everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:30 am 

LocalGrown wrote:

But they can force you to have health insurance.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:23 am 

jadiff wrote:
LocalGrown wrote:

:D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:05 am 

jadiff wrote:
LocalGrown wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, they will fine you or put you in jail, DUH. And then you have free medical. Can't force you to get HOMEOWNERS Ins., but try and get a MORTGAGE.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:44 pm 

tenringx wrote:
Can't force you to get HOMEOWNERS Ins., but try and get a MORTGAGE.

That's not the government doing it; it's the mortgage holder. And they don't care whether you insure the contents of your home either, just the structure you are mortgaging.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:08 pm 

It sounds even funnier when you read Corbett wants to lower penalties for not having car insurance.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:35 pm 

Rudey wrote:
tenringx wrote:

That's not the government doing it; it's the mortgage holder. And they don't care whether you insure the contents of your home either, just the structure you are mortgaging.

Thats right

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:17 pm 

Rudey wrote:
tenringx wrote:

~~ And who holds the mortgages, the banks and who controls the banks the Feds ~~