It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome to Talkback 27!
This is your forum to comment on current affairs and news stories.
The comments you make here may be used on our television newscasts.
If you wish, you may also leave your thoughts on our telephone feedback line.
That number is (717) 265-8527.

Post subject: Hurricane Sandy Victim Upset After Being Played By Obama
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:57 pm 

Empty Embrace… Hurricane Sandy Victim Upset After Being Played By Obama (Video)
Posted by Jim Hoft on Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 8:13 AM

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/11/empty-embrace-hurricane-sandy-victim-upset-after-being-played-by-obama-video/

Obama used her as a photo-op and promised to get her assistance after her business was wiped out by Hurricane Sandy. But it was all a show.

From the White House website:
President Barack Obama hugs Donna Vanzant, the owner of North Point Marina, as he tours damage from Hurricane Sandy in Brigantine, N.J., Oct. 31, 2012. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

Donna Vanzant still hasn’t received any help and she’s upset.

I was very excited and felt warm by the embrace thinking this is really going to happen. I’m going to get the help I need because he promised that. I’ve gotten no help. I’ve gotten nothing but "No, you’re not covered for this. No, you’re not covered for that."

This may sound cold but I have only six words for this woman--LMMFAO!
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lmmfao&f=1

To Ms Vanzant: You and your ilk voted for him. Some of you twice. You've probably heard that old saying, "fool me once..."
Well, you can be forgiven for 2008. But for you and those who voted for him the second time, whatever happens in the next four years--you own it. And you can't blame Obama. You Own it!

Post subject: Re: Hurricane Sandy Victim Upset After Being Played By Obama
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:54 pm 

The lazy are the only ones who will benefit from Obama's policies. I laugh when I hear people say that the rich are not paying their fair share. Are the lazy paying their fair share? In Amerika, it is considered greedy to want to keep your own money, but it is not considered greedy to want to take somebody else's money for yourself. Personally, I'm hoping to see the whole system collapse, THAT will get the lazy off welfare. And that is where we're heading. :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:00 pm 

Good Heavens!!! Once again I find myself (mostly) agreeing with Vic :shock: :shock: :o :o OK, WHO are you and what have you done with Vic :lol:

But You missed one mark in your comments: The part about the lazy getting off of Welfare if the system collapses ( which probably WILL happen): Yeah, they will be off the payout because the payout will cease to exist but I think you'll find they will head the direction that we already are seeing daily: crime.
Not a good future ahead, I fear :(

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:16 pm 

piedmont wrote:
Good Heavens!!! Once again I find myself (mostly) agreeing with Vic :shock: :shock: :o :o OK, WHO are you and what have you done with Vic :lol:

But You missed one mark in your comments: The part about the lazy getting off of Welfare if the system collapses ( which probably WILL happen): Yeah, they will be off the payout because the payout will cease to exist but I think you'll find they will head the direction that we already are seeing daily: crime.
Not a good future ahead, I fear :(

It is indeed shocking when you agree with me. As far as crime by the lazy, all I can say is make sure you're well-armed and stock up on ammo. The lazy will be outgunned - they're not good at planning ahead.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:04 pm 

Vic wrote:
It is indeed shocking when you agree with me. As far as crime by the lazy, all I can say is make sure you're well-armed and stock up on ammo. The lazy will be outgunned - they're not good at planning ahead.

Ahhhh......we ain't THAT far apart :lol: . And I fear that you are correct about the whole thing coming to blows. One only needs to read the (even LOCAL) headlines to see what lies on the horizon :( . The longer these economic conditions go, the worse it WILL get.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:01 pm 

Rudey wrote:
I’ve gotten no help. I’ve gotten nothing but "No, you’re not covered for this. No, you’re not covered for that."

If you're not covered for it, then don't expect money from someone for it! Sounds like she is looking for a handout.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:03 pm 

If you live on the coast...you better have flood insurance...if you are a business owner you better have INSURANCE!! I agree with all of you on this page though....it sickens me that our president is out stomping around the country now like he is still campaigning....instead of trying to bring both sides together in D.C. He is in Philly today? trying to convince THEM that the wealthy need to pay more in taxes? WTH?? I'm sure there are no representatives from Philly that need convinced of his terrible fiscal policies..we are all doomed.....I agree...we must store up on ammo...and food supplies........ :(

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:10 am 

jadiff wrote:
Rudey wrote:
I’ve gotten no help. I’ve gotten nothing but "No, you’re not covered for this. No, you’re not covered for that."

If you're not covered for it, then don't expect money from someone for it! Sounds like she is looking for a handout.

Sadly enough, this is what society has become today....expecting the government to bail us out because we don't plan and think ahead.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:36 am 

Do you guys remember, it was either earlier this year or last year, a woman w/an antique business had a fire & lost everything. She had been in business for 20 years & had NO insurance. So of course they did a news story on her plight & boo-hooed about it & asked for help for her. GIVE ME A FRICKIN BREAK!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:12 pm 

LocalGrown wrote:
Do you guys remember, it was either earlier this year or last year, a woman w/an antique business had a fire & lost everything. She had been in business for 20 years & had NO insurance. So of course they did a news story on her plight & boo-hooed about it & asked for help for her. GIVE ME A FRICKIN BREAK!

The mindset these days is that you should be absolved of any obligation or responsibility when things don't go your way. Here's a recent article where a mother put a petition online (these absurd online petitions are another subject I could really go off on) to put pressure on a loan company to forgive her son's student loan because he died at age 24, and since she was a cosigner she is on the hook for it.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2012/11/mother-inherits-dead-sons-student-loans-petitions-to-have-them-forgiven/

Two federal student loans were forgiven (of course) and she thinks the private loan company should leave her alone. The petition reads in part, "I'm horrified at your institution’s practice of hounding a dead student’s family for repayment of student loans he'll never get a chance to use." That's totally ludicrous. She signed a contract, but that means nothing today.

That isn't the only case. I read a similar one a short time ago where the parents of a college junior, who died in a car accident, created a Facebook page to browbeat Bank of America into forgiving their daughter's student loan, because she didn't even graduate from college and died so tragically. It actually worked since the page got tens of thousands of "likes" and Bank of America caved to avoid the bad publicity.

We live in the bizarro world today. Many college kids really believe that if for any reason they drop out or don't finish college, or even if they can't find a good job after graduation, they shouldn't have to pay back student loans. That's what most of the occupy everything movement was really about.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:00 pm 

That whole business about the govt forgiving students loans pizzed me off too. YOU applied & received that $, and you are to go broke paying it off like all of those before you.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:50 pm 

My son paid all of his student loans off early. Everyone called him foolish.

A Pessimist is an Optimist with Experience

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:29 am 

Back in the early 80s I worked in the default student loans department at PHEAA.....and those were the excuses I heard over and over again...."I didn't finish school"..."I didn't get the education"...."I didn't get a job"....my response was always the same....you were never guaranteed the job, education or to stay in school....you were given the money for the education but nobody can MAKE you learn.....most of these kids think it's party time. Although I was also shocked by the number of lawyers and doctors who felt they also didn't need to repay their student loans....excuses like "they forgot"..what? haha...they surely remembered when they went to apply for a mortgage or buy a vehicle. So that was close to 30 years ago....I wonder if they even try to collect on student loans anymore........ :(