It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Welcome to Talkback 27!
This is your forum to comment on current affairs and news stories.
The comments you make here may be used on our television newscasts.
If you wish, you may also leave your thoughts on our telephone feedback line.
That number is (717) 265-8527.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Pa is Doomed if some People don't Wake Up
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:34 am
Posts: 3823
It appears that in our fine commonwealth a single mon with two kids is better off with a $29,000 a yr job that one making $69,000 ~~SAY WHAT?? ~~ Yup. World News: Single moms do better with welfare .what a monster we have created .~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkmbSR-D-XU

_________________
"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pa is Doomed if some People don't Wake Up
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:31 pm
Posts: 6229
Penna. is a blue state. Deserves doom.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pa is Doomed if some People don't Wake Up
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:34 am
Posts: 3823
Vic wrote:
Penna. is a blue state. Deserves doom.

~~ WE SURE INTO ALOT RED FER BEING A BLUE STATE~~ :o :o :lol:

_________________
"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pa is Doomed if some People don't Wake Up
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:08 am
Posts: 897
Vic's right.....the "commonwealth" deserves all it has coming to it.

_________________
There's nothing worse than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pa is Doomed if some People don't Wake Up
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:10 pm
Posts: 202
I disagree, PA is not a blue state. PA is a red state with the exception of the big cities. We just get drug down by the concrete jungles.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pa is Doomed if some People don't Wake Up
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:05 am
Posts: 669
schlep1967 wrote:
I disagree, PA is not a blue state. PA is a red state with the exception of the big cities. We just get drug down by the concrete jungles.


Very true. If it weren't for Philly and Pitt we would be a solid red state.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pa is Doomed if some People don't Wake Up
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:31 pm
Posts: 6229
jadiff wrote:
schlep1967 wrote:
I disagree, PA is not a blue state. PA is a red state with the exception of the big cities. We just get drug down by the concrete jungles.


Very true. If it weren't for Philly and Pitt we would be a solid red state.

Since our electoral college votes have gone to the Democratic candidate in the last six elections, I'm calling this a blue state. But now that Obama has been re-elected, it doesn't matter anymore. It's too late now. The damage has and will be done. I probably won't even bother voting anymore. It would take a popular uprising to get this country back on track.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pa is Doomed if some People don't Wake Up
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:50 pm
Posts: 1709
Location: Lancaster, PA
Vic wrote:
jadiff wrote:
schlep1967 wrote:
I disagree, PA is not a blue state. PA is a red state with the exception of the big cities. We just get drug down by the concrete jungles.


Very true. If it weren't for Philly and Pitt we would be a solid red state.

Since our electoral college votes have gone to the Democratic candidate in the last six elections, I'm calling this a blue state. But now that Obama has been re-elected, it doesn't matter anymore. It's too late now. The damage has and will be done. I probably won't even bother voting anymore. It would take a popular uprising to get this country back on track.

I think the whole red-state blue-state thing is backwards anyway. Who decided on the colors? Everyone knows it's the Republicans who are true blue and the Democrats who are commie red. :?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pa is Doomed if some People don't Wake Up
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:05 am
Posts: 669
Vic wrote:
It would take a popular uprising to get this country back on track.[/color]


That is the heart of the matter that nobody will dare bring up right now. The main point of the 2nd amendment (IMHO) is for people to have at least a limited ability to rise up against an oppressive government. It has much less to do with hunting and target practice. Not even the NRA would dare bring up something like that though.

BF, you are the go-to guy for these matters. What is your opinion/impression?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pa is Doomed if some People don't Wake Up
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:31 pm
Posts: 6229
jadiff wrote:
That is the heart of the matter that nobody will dare bring up right now. The main point of the 2nd amendment (IMHO) is for people to have at least a limited ability to rise up against an oppressive government. It has much less to do with hunting and target practice. Not even the NRA would dare bring up something like that though.

I saw some liberal on TV the other day saying that the gov't can seize you and your property no matter how powerful your gun is. This liberal fails to recognize how powerful millions of armed patriots acting to overthrow a tyrannical gov't would be.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pa is Doomed if some People don't Wake Up
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:00 pm
Posts: 1120
Vic wrote:
jadiff wrote:
That is the heart of the matter that nobody will dare bring up right now. The main point of the 2nd amendment (IMHO) is for people to have at least a limited ability to rise up against an oppressive government. It has much less to do with hunting and target practice. Not even the NRA would dare bring up something like that though.

I saw some liberal on TV the other day saying that the gov't can seize you and your property no matter how powerful your gun is. This liberal fails to recognize how powerful millions of armed patriots acting to overthrow a tyrannical gov't would be.


I think the reason some people hold that opinion is that they assume the Armed Forces would do the tyrannical governments bidding without question, but we all know that's not likely.
I'll admit that the 'Militia' part of the second amendment can be interpreted in different ways, but the last part is pretty darn clear,
"The right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pa is Doomed if some People don't Wake Up
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:05 pm
Posts: 1172
Waking up won't help. This excuse for a State is doomed anyway.
:roll:

_________________
なぜあなたはとても愚かである


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group