It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome to Talkback 27!
This is your forum to comment on current affairs and news stories.
The comments you make here may be used on our television newscasts.
If you wish, you may also leave your thoughts on our telephone feedback line.
That number is (717) 265-8527.

Post subject: More Places NOT to spend my money
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:11 pm 

Lets see on 9-11 Kmart pulled all the guns from the shelves ,as a precaution ? from what terrorists buying them :roll: :lol: NO they took away the Dad down the streets 2nd amendment right to purchase a shotgun to protect his family . all while we were under attack and no one knew at the time to what degree. Now we have Dicks Sporting Goods pulling all their guns followed by Cheaper than Dirt ?? these two i verified ,if the last info I have is correct Academy Sports has joined. ~~ I have not spent a nickle in Kmart since that day, and it appears these turn coats will be added to the list. they are to be sporting goods stores :roll:

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.

Post subject: Re: More Places NOT to spend my money
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:48 am 

Who is Dick, anyway? What's his last name? Where is he? Is his name even Dick, or his he just a dick?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:28 pm 

Cheaper than dirt too!? I didn't realize, Dick's I knew about.

Edit: Comment/email sent to Cheaper Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:17 pm 

Cheaper Than Dirt now seems to be saying that they stopped selling guns because they were overwhelmed with orders.
I bought a rifle at Dick's a couple of years ago and they made the process so difficult that I wouldn't do it again.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:25 pm 

Main headline on the Drudge Report: WAL-MART SELLS OUT

Article the link points to:

Guns Out of Stock at Wal-Mart as Magazine Prices Surge on eBay

Wal-Mart, the world’s largest retailer, said yesterday that it would continue to sell guns, including rifles like the one used at Newtown, where 26 people, most of them children, were killed on Dec. 14. By contrast, Dick’s Sporting Goods Inc. (DKS) suspended sales of similar guns at its more than 500 stores.

Searches of five kinds of semi-automatic rifles on Wal-Mart’s website showed them to be out of stock at stores in five states, including Pennsylvania, Kansas and Alabama. Wal-Mart doesn’t sell guns online, instead asking customers to input a zip code to see if their local store carries a specific weapon.

Love when he does things like that. Thought it was a "me too" followup to Dick's Sporting Goods. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:48 pm 

Obama Shooting Blanks?
Smith & Wesson shares spike during Obama presser

BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff
December 19, 2012 12:41 pm

Gun stocks have taken a beating in the wake of last week’s school shooting in Newtown, Conn. Private equity firm Cerberus has moved to sell the Freedom Group, a consortium of companies that manufacture guns and ammunition, including the rifle used in last week’s shooting.

Meanwhile, Sturm, Ruger & Company (RGR) and Smith & Wesson (SWHC), two publicly traded gun manufacturers, have seen share prices decline more than 20 percent over since the Friday shooting as gun control advocates have called for new firearm regulations that would restrict the sale of popular firearms like the AR-15, as well as so-called high-capacity magazines.

Today those stocks are bouncing back. Smith & Wesson was up 5 percent as of noon Wednesday when President Barack Obama started speaking about new gun control initiatives his administration will pursue. However, shortly after Obama declared that Vice President Joe Biden would lead a commission to look into remedies to the rash of school shootings, the stock began to spike. :lol:

By the end of Obama’s press conference, Smith & Wesson was up 8.34 percent for the day and Sturm, Ruger & Company was up 6.03 percent.

http://freebeacon.com/obama-shooting-blanks/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:59 pm 

TheSeif wrote:
Cheaper Than Dirt now seems to be saying that they stopped selling guns because they were overwhelmed with orders.
I bought a rifle at Dick's a couple of years ago and they made the process so difficult that I wouldn't do it again.

NOPE ~~ Go to their web site and try pulling up any gun you will get blank page ,try to use thier contact and it won't work it's disabled also,guess they don't want to hear it ~~
BREAKING: CheaperThanDirt Suspends ALL Firearm Sales
Posted on: December 18th, 2012 by jlambert
CheaperThanDirt announced via Facebook only minutes ago that they are suspending all firearms sales. The company is best known for their sales of ammunition and firearms accessories, but had only recently begun selling actual firearms as well. The company posted their decision on their Facebook page with text as follows . . .

Cheaper Than Dirt! is suspending online sales of firearms effective immediately. We are reviewing our policy internally, and will continue to be the leader in the outdoor industry with our full line of gear and accessories.

It looks like this may simply be a temporary suspension of sales, but given the recent news about Freedom Group I’m not holding my breath. The backlash was both quick and vitriolic on their Facebook page:

Continue reading at www.thetruthaboutguns.com

Read more: http://patriotoutdoornews.com/4633/breaking-cheaperthandirt-suspends-all-firearm-sales#ixzz2FXd7xFZV

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:02 pm 

Dick's was already on my last resort list. Now I can save myself from poor selection and service by never going there again.

CTD never gave me a good reason to buy from them. Far better places on the net.

York gunshow this weekend.

Going to have to pick up even more evil looking firearms.

On a good note, I reread Heller today. Going to be tough for the spineless freedom haters to restrict firearms.

And an added argument bonus from Dr. Lott: every single mass shooting over the last 50 years, save one, was committed in a gun free zone.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:24 pm 

Good Luck at the gun show ,Prices will be thru the roof

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:28 pm 

Newspolice wrote:

Just like hunting deer, go where other hunters are not.

Buy what other buyers don't know about.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:07 am 

bfranklin wrote:
Newspolice wrote:

Just like hunting deer, go where other hunters are not.

Buy what other buyers don't know about.

Don't want to sound COLD HEARTED, BUT, It's time people start to get over the hysteria of the situation and start using their heads for a positive solution, even if it means TEACHERS CARRYING.

A Pessimist is an Optimist with Experience

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:13 am 

I agree, that's why I've been holding off on commenting on FB. Had I commented in the 1st day or so, I'da really sounded cold. The whole thing had me in tears, and I can't watch any of the heart wrenching videos w/o blubbering myself. But they're getting all uptight over the weapon used, when they should be getting PI$$ED at the fact that his frickin mother KNEW he was a mental case & KNEW & TOLD OTHERS not to trust him or turn thier back on them. SHE schooled his warped mind on weapons of destruction and made those same weapons available to him. THIS is HER fault to begin with. I don't think anyone really knew what was going thru his mind. And now that he's dead, we never will. Had he gone as far as he did with just a 9mm glock, would the pansies be this crazy over it? It's ridiculous! I will admit, to see a rifle like that, I too would think it's full auto. And as I said before, WTH make it look that way if it isn't? Cause it makes some loser feel badder to have a meanicing looking gun?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:45 am 

And Obama wants new gun control laws signed, sealed and delivered just as soon as possible while the massacre is still fresh in everybody's mind.
It won't do to have a thorough, clear-minded, honest, truthful and open discussion before voting on a bill that affects the constitutional rights of everyone.
But that's how the liberals like to do things, jam laws down our throats like Obamacare.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:59 am 

TheSeif wrote:
And Obama wants new gun control laws signed, sealed and delivered just as soon as possible while the massacre is still fresh in everybody's mind.
It won't do to have a thorough, clear-minded, honest, truthful and open discussion before voting on a bill that affects the constitutional rights of everyone.
But that's how the liberals like to do things, jam laws down our throats like Obamacare.

I think the words "land of the free" should be removed from out national anthem.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:25 pm 

Prior to BO's speech, it sounded like the libs were going to concentrate on who did the dastardly deed, rather on what (translated gun, rifle, etc). Now, true to form, the libs are once again going after the gun that was used. And, as had been said before, would they go crazy if it was a pistol? shotgun? rifle? bolt action(like Oswald used on Kennedy)rifle? There is even the idiotic statement out there that the 2nd amendment is no longer needed, because we have the police, etc. This sounds like a full fledged attack on the Bill of Rights, which, according to the Constitution, cannot be changed. But, since when do liberals care for history. They haven't apparently learned lessons from it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:22 pm 

I wonder what the paranoid will do when it happens again, if these restrictions go thru.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:28 pm 

The media and left are going nuts ,all you hear is 30 rd mags for the AR ~~ Duh, their are 32 rd mags for glock ( https://www.buymilsurp.com/glock-factory-9mm-32-round-magazine-p-3295.html) that would take up less space,hence he could have carried more ammo , BUT the Glock don;t look like a big bad "ARMY GUN" and they can't midd identify it as an "assualt rifle"~~~~ they keep screaming powerful round in the AR ,it's a little 5.56/.223 cal ~~ vs the Rem. 7600 in maybe a 3006 http://www.chuckhawks.com/rem_7400_carbine.htm ,but the 7400 don't look scarey. it's alot more powerful . The .223 is a border line Deer rd whereas the '06 is plenty powerful for Deer and larger game..many times it ignorant leading the same ,but more times that not it on purpose to push an agenda. Media don't seem to care if what they report is correct, they are all on the same wagon.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:10 pm 

As a Viet era vet, the reason the US went to the .223 caliber round (M-16) from the previous 30.06 caliber round (M-14) is because during the trajectory of the .223, (and having a slower muzzle velocity) it starts to tumble. When it hits flesh, it tears up what it hits. Our soldiers in 'Nam had to use it to knock the "hopped up" Viet Cong down when shot. The 30.06 would only pass through the body. Whether the shooter in Conn. realized this or not is only a guess at this point. A better common link in all these mass killings seem to be the mental state of the shooter. THIS IS WHAT SHOULD BE THE MAIN FOCUS. And why would someone want to go into a school with that type of weapon and enough ammo to wipe out an entire group of innocent kids? Only to kill himself when he found out the cops came quickly? Oh-h-h, that's right, I must be PC incorrect with dealing with people with mental health issues.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:19 pm 

Take guns away from these kind of people, he could just run his car through the crowd of kids as they are leaving school. If someone wants to do mass damage they will. These people are NOT addressing the correct issue.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:08 pm 

HUH, What you say would not apply to close range shots as in this case. I think the big reason for the change was lighter rifles and lighter ammo = more rds can be carried in the field ,sure beat the snot out of lugging a 10# M1 Garand

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:12 pm 

Earlier this week CheaperThanDirt!, one of the larger firearms accessories and ammunition retailers, suspended its sales of all firearms following the Connecticut shooting. The move prompted a MASSIVE internet backlash, with the number of “likes” of their Facebook page plummeting and groups springing up to promote a boycott of a “fair weather gun dealer.” It was seen as a sign that the firearms-related retailer was not as staunch a supporter of the Second Amendment as they appear to be and led to some serious hate in the comments of their Facebook posts. It now appears that they’ve decided to re-start firearms sales, most likely in an attempt to regain some of the 2A cred that they lost in the last few days. CTD employees were still unavailable for comment at time of publication.You may also like -
■BREAKING: CheaperThanDirt Suspends ALL Firearm Sales■CheaperThanDirt: Sales Static After Obama AWB Comment■The Truth About Assault Weapons and Assault Weapons Bans■NSSF: Handguns = 40% of Firearms Sales, AR-15s On ~~~~Sorry guys to little too Late~~, your with us or against us ~~

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:12 am 

Hey HUH, I think the M14 was a 308 round, our sister Company had the 308 and we had the 30-06 in the M1. They pitted the 2 Companies at each other on Qualifying to see which was better, They beat us by less then 10 points, but our best shooter scored higher then theirs.

A Pessimist is an Optimist with Experience

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:00 pm 

tenringx wrote:
Hey HUH, I think the M14 was a 308 round, our sister Company had the 308 and we had the 30-06 in the M1. They pitted the 2 Companies at each other on Qualifying to see which was better, They beat us by less then 10 points, but our best shooter scored higher then theirs.

You are correct the M14 was 7.62mm (.308 Winchester), an attempt to standardize NATO.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:15 pm 

LocalGrown wrote:
I wonder what the paranoid will do when it happens again, if these restrictions go thru.

That's the crux of the problem for me. Although I am a staunch pro-gun supporter a ban on "Assault firearms" really wouldn't bother me much as I don't have any and think they cost way too much money. I have a limit on how much I will spend on any gun and those types are over the limit. The problem for me is that I'm afraid that any new gun control laws will be considered by the anti-gun crowd as just a foot in the door, what comes next, the knock at the door ?
Don't kid yourselves, there are many people out there who's goal is to repeal the second amendment and ban and collect all guns, not just certain ones. And now they are being funded by anti-gun nut jobs like Bloomburg who thinks he can do anything he wants because he has big money. I mean, come on, a ban on large sugary drinks ??? Give me a break ! This guy is off of the deep end and keeps getting away with it.
The danger of the "knock at the door" is very real and must be fought tooth and nail so it never gets that far.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:12 pm 

Like TheSeif, I really don't have a dog in this fight. My gun ownership consists of a Remington .22 "varmit" rifle. It is a "tool", so basic that it even has the basic stock. That is all I need.

Deeper, My Dad was a gunsmith and "Hunting nut extraordinaire" but none of that rubbed off on me. Other than the need for having the .22 as a tool, I really don't care about guns at all. That's just me.

BUT, I still think that owning how many guns one wants to appreciate or use as a "tool" is a right that, like TheSeif said, any threat to control should be fought. Dad always was vocal about it- "once they get a start, we'll never get them stopped". Just like the EPA and cars.
At the same time, like TheSeif, I just can't see much need for assult arms, but again, JMHO.