It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Welcome to Talkback 27!
This is your forum to comment on current affairs and news stories.
The comments you make here may be used on our television newscasts.
If you wish, you may also leave your thoughts on our telephone feedback line.
That number is (717) 265-8527.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Buying Guns and Ammo for a Reason
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:06 pm 
Online

Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:34 am
Posts: 3828
Buying Guns and Ammo for a Reason
People are Buying Guns and Ammunition for a Reason
Posted on: December 25th, 2012
It’s 2:00 a.m. You are at home in your bed sound asleep. Your wife is sleeping beside you, and your children are asleep in their rooms down the hall.

The muffled sound of a window breaking interrupts your slumber. You’re groggy and you wonder if it was just a dream, so you lie there quietly and listen. A few seconds later, you hear other sounds. The window opens; a table beside the window makes a noise as it is jostled by an intruder; through your open door, you see reflections from a dim light that’s moving from side-to-side on the floor below.

You are your family’s protector. What should you do?

If you are like most Americans, there is not much that you can do except pray that the intruder won’t come upstairs. In 2011, only 47% of Americans had a gun in their home or on their property. Republicans were more likely to own a gun than Democrats, but between 2009 and 2011, gun ownership among Democrats increased by 33% compared to less than 4% for Republicans. Obviously, people who call themselves “Democrats” are beginning to realize that something isn’t right. 28 6 3 Continue reading at www.americanthinker.com


Read more: http://patriotoutdoornews.com/4734/people-are-buying-guns-and-ammunition-for-a-reason#ixzz2GCpdf5hW "REMEMBER" ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES ,~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.

_________________
"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buying Guns and Ammo for a Reason
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:45 pm
Posts: 1078
Location: Harrisburg
Did you all see on the news tonight the lines of cars in Los Angeles that looked like GAS LINES, but they were lines for turning in your GUNS for a $100. $100 for a RIFLE, SHOTGUN AND A HANDGUN and if you turned in an ASSAULT RIFLE YOU GOT $200, bet they got a lot of those.[b]I bet all those DUMB A$$E$ REALLY FEEL SAFE TONIGHT.[/color][/size][/b]

_________________
Image

A Pessimist is an Optimist with Experience


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buying Guns and Ammo for a Reason
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:28 pm
Posts: 3432
Location: Summerdale, PA
The criminals think their work is safer now. I wonder if they'll verify if any were stolen & return them to their rightful owners.

_________________
"I believe in an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out." --Arthur Hays Sulzberger
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buying Guns and Ammo for a Reason
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:51 am
Posts: 607
I saw that on the news and thought the exact same thing; how many of those guns were stolen and do those programs encourage more to try to steal guns to sell (drug users?). It was a rather alarming picture to see those cars lined up, to say the least. I wondered about the day that something like that becomes mandatory (turning your gun over to the government).

_________________
Common sense is so rare it should be classified as a superpower.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buying Guns and Ammo for a Reason
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:05 am
Posts: 672
Dagney wrote:
I wondered about the day that something like that becomes mandatory (turning your gun over to the government).


I've thought about that possibility from time to time. I have one handgun that wouldn't do me much good, a Beretta .25 that was my first pocket/mouse gun until I realized that round could actually bounce off someone if hit in the wrong spot. So, I would give that one up, but the rest of them (.380, 9mm, .45 and long guns) have been stolen or lost :roll: I've also been thinking of creating some "hiding" places throughout my property to keep a box of shells and each weapon. If it gets to that point, the Gestapo will certainly ransack peoples property looking for handguns.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buying Guns and Ammo for a Reason
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:05 am
Posts: 672
tenringx wrote:
Did you all see on the news tonight the lines of cars in Los Angeles that looked like GAS LINES, but they were lines for turning in your GUNS for a $100. $100 for a RIFLE, SHOTGUN AND A HANDGUN and if you turned in an ASSAULT RIFLE YOU GOT $200, bet they got a lot of those.[b]I bet all those DUMB A$$E$ REALLY FEEL SAFE TONIGHT.[/color][/size][/b]


The people turning those weapons in were most likely not the proper owners (stolen or "found" guns) or they were gifted. Anyone that has purchased a weapon knows how expensive they are and would not give them up for $100 unless they were seriously hurting for cash.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buying Guns and Ammo for a Reason
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:28 pm
Posts: 3432
Location: Summerdale, PA
jadiff wrote:
I've thought about that possibility from time to time. I have one handgun that wouldn't do me much good, a Beretta .25 that was my first pocket/mouse gun until I realized that round could actually bounce off someone if hit in the wrong spot. So, I would give that one up, but the rest of them (.380, 9mm, .45 and long guns) have been stolen or lost :roll: I've also been thinking of creating some "hiding" places throughout my property to keep a box of shells and each weapon. If it gets to that point, the Gestapo will certainly ransack peoples property looking for handguns.

Had that idea myself. I have a piece of furniture with a hidden compartment.

_________________
"I believe in an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out." --Arthur Hays Sulzberger
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buying Guns and Ammo for a Reason
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:28 pm
Posts: 3432
Location: Summerdale, PA
jadiff wrote:
The people turning those weapons in were most likely not the proper owners (stolen or "found" guns) or they were gifted. Anyone that has purchased a weapon knows how expensive they are and would not give them up for $100 unless they were seriously hurting for cash.

Or they have a relative who think's their tough & decided to screw em over. :lol:

_________________
"I believe in an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out." --Arthur Hays Sulzberger
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buying Guns and Ammo for a Reason
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:45 pm
Posts: 1078
Location: Harrisburg
LocalGrown wrote:
jadiff wrote:
I've thought about that possibility from time to time. I have one handgun that wouldn't do me much good, a Beretta .25 that was my first pocket/mouse gun until I realized that round could actually bounce off someone if hit in the wrong spot. So, I would give that one up, but the rest of them (.380, 9mm, .45 and long guns) have been stolen or lost :roll: I've also been thinking of creating some "hiding" places throughout my property to keep a box of shells and each weapon. If it gets to that point, the Gestapo will certainly ransack peoples property looking for handguns.

Had that idea myself. I have a piece of furniture with a hidden compartment.


Classy answer, DUH!!!! what list did you just get on. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

_________________
Image

A Pessimist is an Optimist with Experience


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buying Guns and Ammo for a Reason
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:40 pm 
Online

Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:34 am
Posts: 3828
A BIG PERCENTAGE OF THOSE TURN INS ARE gRANDMA TURNING ALL THE GUN gRANDPA HAD WHEN HE PASS ON .FIXED INCOME DON'T WANT THE GUN ANYMORE AND HAS NO IDEA THEY ARE WOTH A SMALL FORTURE. ~~ Back in the 80s i worked in a loacl sptg gds store ,and many blue haired ladies came with the trunk of their caddy filled with guns,walked out with a hand full of money smiling,not knowing that probably just one of that 2 doz was worth what she got paid for all of them .I haggled price on a few rare gun with the boss on buys he made like that.The gangbangers / druggies on the st aren't handing in anything ,and many times those handed it are not even traced to see if they are stolen . So tuff if your gun was stolen and handed in .

_________________
"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Buying Guns and Ammo for a Reason
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:08 am
Posts: 897
I'm honestly surprised that no one has started shooting politicians...and we all know you're out there.

_________________
There's nothing worse than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group