It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome to Talkback 27!
This is your forum to comment on current affairs and news stories.
The comments you make here may be used on our television newscasts.
If you wish, you may also leave your thoughts on our telephone feedback line.
That number is (717) 265-8527.

Post subject: really disgusted with gun owners
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:40 am 

really disgusted with gun owners

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We "B" to ea other but,how many guys you know call or even email their

reps? Ever see any pro gun crowds protesting at the capital ,county /

state or other wise. The antis go nuts for their causes maybe all the gun

owner need to assemble like the occupy crowd, enmass let 'em know we

are here , never happen ,it's too much trouble for the bulk of 'em to even

send a ck to the NRA so they can at least be number and counted ,i see it

on the forums I see in the gun shops .Oh they come in making noise like a

PO'd rooster ,ask 'em to spend $3.00 a month to defend their right , and

they whine it costs too much. then drop $900 on a rifle. Sorry if i sound a

bit crabby ,but it's just hard to believe any gun owner can't spare the cost

of a morning coffee ea month to help protect his sport and rights

~~people wake up, make me proud again~~~~

SHEEP
For SECURITY."-_Norman Vincent Peale-

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.

Post subject: Re: really disgusted with gun owners
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:15 am 

There are approximately 50 million gun owning households in the US. On another website I suggested a 50 million man march on the mall in D.C. Thinking that may get their attention.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:48 am 

schlep1967 wrote:
There are approximately 50 million gun owning households in the US. On another website I suggested a 50 million man march on the mall in D.C. Thinking that may get their attention.

I suggest a few months of training and organization before we march to Washington.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:02 pm 

Vic wrote:
schlep1967 wrote:

I suggest a few months of training and organization before we march to Washington.

I agree with Vic......the pro-gun movement gets "spoken for" every time there is a random mass shooting and no civilian intervention. The local "gun toting soccer Mom" murder still has people shaking their heads.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:40 pm 

For what its worth I'll share a copy of what I sent to Sen Toomey and Casey this AM
Also sent a copy to Obama

The new Feinstein AW ban and the associated magazine capacity legislation is wrong, and so is any action like it. It is wrong to lead the uninformed public to believe these are "assault Weapons"and "weapons of mass destruction". It is wrong to encourage the uninformed public to demonize, criticize, and ostracize tens of millions of law abiding citizens who already own or desire to own the very
things that are on Feinsteins list and use/intend to use them lawfully.
It is wrong for lawmakers to present laws based not on fact and research but only a personal agenda, under the guise of disarming criminals when said law only disarms the law abiding citizen and has no effect on criminals.

It is not right for the law abiding citizens to be punished and stripped of freedoms all because a handfull of individuals have chosen to break numerous already existing laws to commit their horrible acts. All the while they were planning said criminal acts there were people close to them aware of something wrong, the last being a mother turned away by a broken system, and on top of it all the criminals went to areas fully aware that no means to protect the people existed, innocent people sadly disarmed and made helpless by written law and policies.

I can not wrap my head around the fact that there are lawmakers who enacted the very laws that stripped those protections from the victims still trying to enact even more laws to further enable criminals to continue on. Is it any wonder why more and more people are asking why there seem to be more laws that enable the criminal element by taking away the ability to protect oneself from the lawful citizens. I don't know why it is so hard for those in power to understand that people desire to protect themselves with equal equipment to what the criminals are using,
the very same reason used by law enforcement officers. Would you disarm a law enforcement officer in this manner?

I strongly urge that you take the advice of the people that have knowledge of the lawful intent and useage of firearms before taking the advice of those that care about nothing otherthan to disarm the law abiding citizens, that in itself breaking the law of the land.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:24 pm 

Awesome letter!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:58 am 

To bad it will fall on deaf ears and SPINELESS DEAF OFFICIALS.

A Pessimist is an Optimist with Experience