It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome to Talkback 27!
This is your forum to comment on current affairs and news stories.
The comments you make here may be used on our television newscasts.
If you wish, you may also leave your thoughts on our telephone feedback line.
That number is (717) 265-8527.

Post subject: Re: Whenever The Government Grabbed Guns
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:49 pm 

I have come to hate the term "law abiding gun owner". It sounds like we are on the defensive.

It supposes that all laws are good, and they most certainly are not.

I find it sufficient that good people may arm themselves against bad people.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:49 pm 

I think it's time for a civil war between gun owners and non gun owners.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:02 pm 

I think it is interesting how gun owners are portrayed as hoodlums, while the criminal with the gun is overlooked, or is portrayed as a gun owner. In reality, many criminals do not own the weapon they use to do their dastardly deeds.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:19 pm 

Well, to put it plain and simple, the left leaning media is doing it's best to publically stigmatize legal gun owners in order to boost the chances of the upcoming gun control laws of getting passed, hoping that people will put pressure on their representatives.
The newspaper in New York that has published the names and addresses of legal gun permit holders is a glaring example.
Please make sure you contact your U.S. senators and House rep. to request them to vote against any and all upcoming gun control bills. In the age of the Internet it is very easy to do and only takes a couple of minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:53 pm 

sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., has a plan that would ban 120 specific weapons and certain semiautomatic rifles, handguns and shotguns that have certain features. It also would impose background checks on owners and require registration of a firearm serial number and positive identification of the owner, including photograph and fingerprints.

That’s despite her own experience with the need to carry a weapon, as she explained:

It was during a U.S. Senate hearing on terrorism after the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, she told “a little anecdote” of how she carried concealed to protect herself after two assassination attempts by the New World Liberation Front, the NWLF.

She explained: “I know the sense of helplessness that people feel. I know the urge to arm yourself because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick. I carried a concealed weapon and I made the determination if somebody was going to try and take me out, I was going to take them with me.”She championed her private firearm ownership the same year that she called for banning “all” firearm ownership.

IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL FOR ANYONE VOTING ANTI GUN TO OWN OR HAVE A CCW ,OR TO RECRUIT ANYONE ARMED FOR THEIR PROTECTION, THEY FEEL FIREARMS ARE BAD AND SHOULD BE REQUIRED BY LAW TO NOT BE INVOLVED IN ANYWAY WITH THEM PERIOD.Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/pravda-tells-america-keep-your-guns/#1W6x05vlqjWaV4c7.99

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.