It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome to Talkback 27!
This is your forum to comment on current affairs and news stories.
The comments you make here may be used on our television newscasts.
If you wish, you may also leave your thoughts on our telephone feedback line.
That number is (717) 265-8527.

Post subject: They Just Don't Get It
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:25 pm 

Current situation: Staffers talk about first meeting with Al Jazeera

By LINDA STASI (New York Post)
Last Updated: 10:45 AM, January 8, 2013
Posted: 11:09 PM, January 7, 2013

Just call him Al Gorezeera.

Yesterday morning, the still shell shocked staff at Current TV was called to an all hands staff meeting at its San Francisco headquarters, which was teleconferenced to their offices in LA and NYC, to meet their new bosses.

That would be two of Al Jazeera’s top guys: Ehab Al Shihabi, executive director of international operations, and Muftah AlSuwaidan, general manager of the London bureau.

Ominously missing was the creator of Current, the self proclaimed inventor of the Internet and savior of clean energy, Al Gore, although his partner, Joel Hyatt, stood proudly with the Al Jazeera honchos.

“Of course Al didn’t show up,” said one high placed Current staffer. “He has no credibility.

“He’s supposed to be the face of clean energy and just sold [the channel] to very big oil, the emir of Qatar! Current never even took big oil advertising—and Al Gore, that bulls***ter sells to the emir?” :lol:

The meeting, while not contentious, was, according to staffers who spoke on the condition of anonymity, miserable.

The mostly left-leaning group—some still in denial —weren’t buying what Al Jazeera was selling.

And what are they selling? Al Jazeera’s image of —are you ready?— “inform, inspire and entertain!”

The “new” American Al Jazeera will, according to Shihabi, appeal to the American audience with a mixture of national and international news—and, of course, entertainment.

But you won’t be getting that Middle East merriment until April, which is when the network says it will be ready to take over.

“Sometime within three months—no more, no less—we were told,” said the Current staffer.

One person at the meeting, who has already announced that she’s leaving, former Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm, tried to ask about severance packages for those who wouldn’t be staying.

“This isn’t the place to discuss this!” Hyatt barked at her.

“After that, everyone kept their questions pretty much to themselves,” according to the staff member.

How do they feel about Gore the savior of green energy now?

The displeasure with Gore among the staff was thick enough to cut with a scimitar.

“We all know now that Al Gore is nothing but a bulls***ter,” said the staffer bluntly.

We do stories on the tax code, and he sells the network before the tax code kicked in? :lol:

“Al was always lecturing us about green. He kept his word about green all right—as in cold, hard cash!”

It's amusing to read story after story of people who "won the election" still bitchin' and whinin' about things. What have they got to complain about? Everything will be wonderful now and it's we who are "out of touch" that have to accept the "new normal". You have to laugh at them mercilessly because it's so easy to see right through people like Algore and BamBam but they can't. They're the ones who don't get it. :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Re: They Just Don't Get It
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:51 pm 

Al sold it because of global warming, the heat from global warming made him incoherent, he didn't know what he was doing.

A Pessimist is an Optimist with Experience

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:45 pm 

I don't see why they are upset.

Leftist, big govt types don't accept any opinion but their own, don't respect rights of individuals.

Al Jazeera caters to an audience that often believes the same.

Maybe the only problem is that the shoe is on the other foot, but the attitudes are the same.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:49 pm 

Al Jazeera portrays Bin Laden as a hero. They are a terrorist organization and they must be destroyed. Al Gore should be tortured and executed for dealing with terrorists.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:28 pm 

Vic wrote:
Al Gore should be tortured and executed for dealing with terrorists.

You could say Al just GORED the American Public

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:53 pm 

I get it easily, he got ALOT of cold hard CASH in a questionable economy and sold it as anyone else would do, and if they say otherwise, they are FULL OF IT! It is a business, and businesses get sold and bought all the time, whether we like it or not...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:14 pm 

furbud wrote:
I get it easily, he got ALOT of cold hard CASH in a questionable economy and sold it as anyone else would do, and if they say otherwise, they are FULL OF IT!

If he just wanted a lot of cash, you'd thing he would have wanted to see how much he could get from Glenn Beck. But he wouldn't allow Beck at the bargaining table.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:02 am 

Vic wrote:
furbud wrote:
I get it easily, he got ALOT of cold hard CASH in a questionable economy and sold it as anyone else would do, and if they say otherwise, they are FULL OF IT!

If he just wanted a lot of cash, you'd thing he would have wanted to see how much he could get from Glenn Beck. But he wouldn't allow Beck at the bargaining table.

That was supposedly due to Gore and Beck not sharing the same ideas.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:10 pm 

tenringx wrote:
Vic wrote:
furbud wrote:

That was supposedly due to Gore and Beck not sharing the same ideas.

If it was just a business deal as others have stated that shouldn't have entered into it.
Point is, there were others interested but Gore decided to sell to a highly questionable 'so-called' news outlet which is decidedly anti-America.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:18 pm 

If it was just a business deal as others have stated that shouldn't have entered into it.
Point is, there were others interested but Gore decided to sell to a highly questionable 'so-called' news outlet which is decidedly anti-America.

While you may well be on spot with this assumption, it still is his perogitive unfortunately. I would not have sold it to Mr Beck either, but also there were many others more worthy of it than an Anti-American news outlet. No matter how I feel he is within his right to sell to whomever he chooses at the higher price.

I recently sold a business, I had an Indian person, Chinese person and an American person interested in my business, I sold to the Chinese as they seemed the most, lets say genuine or honest and forthright of all interested parties, and felt comfortable with them. I went with my gut feeling as to who would do their best to keep things at status quo as it was a hugely successful business.

As for Gore, who knows and I don't really give 2 hoots, he has to live with his decisions, not I.

Respectfully!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:51 am 

furbud wrote:
I recently sold a business, I had an Indian person, Chinese person and an American person interested in my business

Aw man, I thought that was going to be a joke. :(

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:21 pm 

Vic wrote:
furbud wrote:
I recently sold a business, I had an Indian person, Chinese person and an American person interested in my business

Sorry, no joke there. The most genuine people always get the goodies! I care ALOT about my previous customers, I wanted to give them the best option for happiness! I did that!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:59 pm 

furbud wrote:
I recently sold a business, I had an Indian person, Chinese person and an American person interested in my business, I sold to the Chinese

Indian from India, or native?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:59 pm 

furbud wrote:
Vic wrote:
furbud wrote:

Sorry, no joke there. The most genuine people always get the goodies! I care ALOT about my previous customers, I wanted to give them the best option for happiness! I did that!

UHHH!! so you sold it to the
indian ,right?

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.