It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome to Talkback 27!
This is your forum to comment on current affairs and news stories.
The comments you make here may be used on our television newscasts.
If you wish, you may also leave your thoughts on our telephone feedback line.
That number is (717) 265-8527.

Post subject: NRA's ad with the President's Daughters
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:18 pm 

So the NRA came up with a video of the President's Daughters being proteced at their school by gun toting Secret Service Agents, while the President hesitates on putting guns in schools to protect the peasant children.

The White House answers like this "The White House called the ad “repugnant and cowardly” and criticized the organization for using the president’s children as “pawns in a political fight.”

At the same time the President is on stage making the announcement about his new gun policies with four of the peasant children standing behind him, being used as "pawns in a political fight"

Anybody else see a discrepancy with this?

Post subject: Re: NRA's ad with the President's Daughters
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:50 pm 

While in many cases, I do agree that the privacy of the president's family should be respected, but, in this case, Obama fired the first "shot" by putting innocent children behind him as he pushed a slanted view for his agenda. First, misinforming the public as to the very nature of the crime against the Sandy Hook kids (the shooter used pistols, not an assualt weapon; the shooter seemed to suffer from a mental problem; the shooter apparently had long thought this out). Second, why didn't he use his own kids as well? Yes, schlep, this stinks of bias.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:20 pm 

Actually they weren't talking about the Secret Service, which is a given. Sidwell Friends is a hoity toity school that employs a force of about a dozen armed guards, irrespective of the Secret Service who are there only for the benefit of the Obama kids. If I remember correctly, little Amy Carter attended Washington, DC public schools. Certainly a few Secret Service agents accompanied her every day.

I can't help seeing the irony in the fact that these east coast private schools with the word "friends" in the name are run by Quakers (also known as the Society of Friends) who have a history of extreme pacifism.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/12/23/School-Obama-s-Daughters-Attend-Has-11-Armed-Guards-Not-Counting-Secret-Service

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:39 pm 

Most celebrities have a security detail....it's about wealth or status that often makes someone a target....and isn't related to the2nd amendment.. In fact, lottery winners need to be aware of child abduction for money.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:41 pm 

It is a completely honest ad.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:04 am 

The ad wasn't about his kids, their school has 11 armed guards ,not counting the secret ser. detail they get. The ad was that the big O thinksit's fine his kids have armed protection but his actions seem to think yours or mine aren't worth it. Get CBS news' Bob Schieffer "What happened in Newtown was probably the worst day in this country’s history since 9/11,” said CBS’s Bob Schieffer Wednesday afternoon. “Surely, finding Osama bin Laden, surely passing civil rights legislation – as Lyndon Johnson was able to do – and, before that, surely defeating the Nazis was a much more formidable task than taking on the gun lobby.”

Wow.

“So Bob Schieffer says what President Obama has done taking on the gun lobby is akin to defeating the Nazis. It can be done and it’s worth it. That’s unbelievable. That’s your opinion from ‘CBS News’: defeating the Second Amendment is as important as defeating the Nazis or Osama bin Laden,
~~ If I recall the Nazis TOOK the guns ~~ and the left has the @#%%& to bust on the NRA ad. unreal.~~ I know this is a waste of time ,no one at 27 even reads this stuff anymore ,we aren't the social media crew, the FB bunch ,there's like 6 of us that kick around serious news between us ,but no one cars what we post. ~~

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:14 am 

That's ok NP. I notice a couple of others who haven't posted for awhile are now commenting. Maybe others will stumble on to. And, I also comment on the headlines ABC27 posts too.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:14 pm 

I would rather 6 of us having civil discussions than 50 of us fighting and name calling while 6 of us try to have civil discussions.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:43 pm 

schlep1967 wrote:
I would rather 6 of us having civil discussions than 50 of us fighting and name calling while 6 of us try to have civil discussions.

~~Yeah but we can't educate the fools if they aren't here :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:00 pm 

Newspolice wrote:
schlep1967 wrote:

They realized they were outgunned here and ran away with their tails between their legs.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:22 pm 

NRA ad simply pointed out BO hypocrisy, not attacked his daughters.

The left is attempting to change the topic of the ad and discredit the NRA and their guards in schools agenda.

I think America sees through that easily.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:28 pm 

bfranklin wrote:
NRA ad simply pointed out BO hypocrisy, not attacked his daughters.

The left is attempting to change the topic of the ad and discredit the NRA and their guards in schools agenda.

I think America sees through that easily.

I see through it
The NRA is all about hypocrisy too
They cry about the Constitution and gun rights. NRA endorsed Mitch after he eliminated certain guns and ammo in his state while Governor. It makes no sense. I know you were in Favor of Dr.Paul and suspect you did not vote for Mitch like Rudey & Vic.

The Husband & I hold hands as we walk home in the darkness
We know our path
We know who the machine is
We hear the sounds
We are headed home

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:43 pm 

Vic said:
I believe Santorum is a better candidate than Romney, and I will vote for Santorum in the primary.

Vic said:
I believe Romney will win the nomination.

unreal

We know our path
We hear the sounds
We are headed home

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:29 am 

Vic wrote:
They realized they were outgunned here and ran away with their tails between their legs.

332 Obama
206 mitch

that is outgunned

We know our path
We hear the sounds
We are headed home

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:37 am 

Dancer wrote:
Vic wrote:

332 Obama
206 mitch

that is outgunned

No Dancer, that was a disaster. And in less then 4 yrs. every one should know it.

A Pessimist is an Optimist with Experience

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:45 am 

tenringx wrote:

No Dancer, that was a disaster. And in less then 4 yrs. every one should know it.

tenringx did you ever see the Globetrotters play the Washington generals?

We know our path
We hear the sounds
We are headed home

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:46 am 

Are we allowed to make fun of Obama's hypothetical son, the one who would look like Treyvon Martin?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:50 am 

Vic wrote:
Are we allowed to make fun of Obama's hypothetical son, the one who would look like Treyvon Martin?

You will do it anyways ..why ask?

We know our path
We hear the sounds
We are headed home

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:17 am 

Don't remember that game, who lost.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:00 am 

Dancer wrote:
Vic said:
I believe Santorum is a better candidate than Romney, and I will vote for Santorum in the primary.

Vic said:
I believe Romney will win the nomination.

unreal

In what way?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:10 am 

Vic wrote:
Newspolice wrote:
schlep1967 wrote:

:lol: In total agreement on all accounts!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:19 am 

Dancer wrote:

I see through it
The NRA is all about hypocrisy too
They cry about the Constitution and gun rights. NRA endorsed Mitch after he eliminated certain guns and ammo in his state while Governor. It makes no sense. I know you were in Favor of Dr.Paul and suspect you did not vote for Mitch like Rudey & Vic.

Yes, I highly disagree with the route the NRA takes in it's political endorsements.
I did not vote for Romney and will never vote for a big govt, anti freedom candidate like him.

But the issue of this thread was the feigned outrage of attacking BO's daughters, not who the NRA hitches their horse to.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:17 pm 

I never considered Romney to be the ideal candidate, but he was a much less evil choice than Obama.
Nobody else had a snowball's chance in hell of beating Obama and everybody knew that.
Anybody who didn't vote for Romney didn't try to stop Obama's re-election, and sounds foolish when complaining about Obama.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:10 am 

Bfranklin, you didn't vote?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:54 am 

Vic wrote:
I never considered Romney to be the ideal candidate, but he was a much less evil choice than Obama.
Nobody else had a snowball's chance in hell of beating Obama and everybody knew that.
Anybody who didn't vote for Romney didn't try to stop Obama's re-election, and sounds foolish when complaining about Obama.

I dont follow your logic that anyone who votes for what they consider the best candidate cant express their dissatisfaction.

That right is not reserved to those who settle for a poor candidate en mass.

Just accept Romney wasnt good enough to win as evidenced by the many voters who didnt even bother to show up to vote for the 2 top evils.