It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome to Talkback 27!
This is your forum to comment on current affairs and news stories.
The comments you make here may be used on our television newscasts.
If you wish, you may also leave your thoughts on our telephone feedback line.
That number is (717) 265-8527.

Post subject: Re: NRA's ad with the President's Daughters
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:57 am 

tenringx wrote:
Bfranklin, you didn't vote?

I always vote.
But I vote on what is best for liberty and the constitution, not with the establishment.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:36 am 

bfranklin wrote:
I dont follow your logic that anyone who votes for what they consider the best candidate cant express their dissatisfaction.

That right is not reserved to those who settle for a poor candidate en mass.

Just accept Romney wasnt good enough to win as evidenced by the many voters who didnt even bother to show up to vote for the 2 top evils.

What it all boils down to bfranklin, is that I don't see how you could have knowingly wasted your vote on Ron Paul in an election that important. And if you don't think we'd be better off with Romney as president than four more years of Obama, then you're not making any sense to me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:19 am 

Vic wrote:
What it all boils down to bfranklin, is that I don't see how you could have knowingly wasted your vote on Ron Paul in an election that important. And if you don't think we'd be better off with Romney as president than four more years of Obama, then you're not making any sense to me.

If you voted for Romney, then it appears you have wasted your vote.

We've been over this before the election and no one was able to show me any difference between BO and Romney.

For that matter, no one can show me the policy differences between Bush and BO.

I will not vote for candidates I don't believe in. You can do so if you choose.

If you believe we are better with Romney or BO then you don't understand how govt was designed to work in America.

And I never said I voted for Ron Paul in the general election but I am glad it upsets you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:12 am 

bfranklin wrote:
And I never said I voted for Ron Paul in the general election but I am glad it upsets you.

So you're afraid to take a stand. You just want to complain. Cry me a river.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:19 pm 

Vic wrote:
bfranklin wrote:

And back to the way things used to be.

No idea what you are talking about but as long as you get the last work you feel victorious.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:05 pm 

This is a stupid arguement, Bush paniced... (9-11 was a whole new ballpark for our country).. and passed the Patriot Act & HLS that set us up for big trouble ,Obamas using it for his agenda.I don't like either one, and I didn't like Romney either. BUT and it's a BIG BUT, no pun intended. Voting your true heart is great and noble ,,again that BUT, in this case all those who wrote in Ron Paul ,just voted for Obama, once the primary was over we need to get Big O out. Even with Romney in he would had a set back on the obama agends and had at least a idea of how busines works, we could then dump him in 4 yrs "IF" a real leader showed up on the screen. We are screwed now ,with no worry of reelection down the road damage control will be throw to the wind and King Barry will be running full throttle trying to destroy our Constitution. this is 50 yrs+ of planning coming to head.Long before Big O even knew he'd be a part of it. He's only a puppet.

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:00 pm 

bfranklin wrote:
Vic wrote:
bfranklin wrote:

And back to the way things used to be.

No idea what you are talking about but as long as you get the last work you feel victorious.

"get the last work"? What the......?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:17 pm 

Voting for Ron Paul in the primary was fine ,but a write in in the real election was a vote NOT against our lost leader, never meant you voted for him BF ,that was aimed at any who did the write in. It was a feel good vote lost in the mess. We had a chance to derail barry and then try to control the next fool . now he's on a nothing to loose 4 yrs .

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:13 pm 

Vic wrote:
"get the last work"? What the......?

I understood what you meant bfranklin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:40 pm 

Newspolice wrote:
Voting for Ron Paul in the primary was fine ,but a write in in the real election was a vote NOT against our lost leader, never meant you voted for him BF ,that was aimed at any who did the write in. It was a feel good vote lost in the mess. We had a chance to derail barry and then try to control the next fool . now he's on a nothing to loose 4 yrs .

This would only be true if BO's margin of victory was less than the 3rd party vote total in enough states to change the electoral college result [assuming every 3rd party vote would have gone to Romney].

According to the chart at http://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/data.php?year=2012&datatype=national&def=1&f=0&off=0&elect=0

The only state Romney could have won and changed the results was Florida.
332 - 29 = 303 BO
206 + 29 = 235 Romney

There was no way he could have won this election.

Romney was a poor candidate. He could not have mathematically won. Some people are just going to have to accept that fact.

The problem for republicans still remains that many voters are not happy with them and will not vote for them and their big govt, anti freedom platform, both swing and 3rd party voters.

They hand wrung after the election but refuse to see they are moving closer to the democrats, thus eliminating their arguments to vote for them as an alternative.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:32 pm 

bfranklin wrote:
The problem for republicans still remains that many voters are not happy with them and will not vote for them and their big govt, anti freedom platform, both swing and 3rd party voters.

"So dammit, we're going to stay home and let the even BIGGER government, MORE anti-freedom Democratic candidate win." :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:32 pm 

bfranklin wrote:
NRA ad simply pointed out BO hypocrisy, not attacked his daughters.

The left is attempting to change the topic of the ad and discredit the NRA and their guards in schools agenda.

I think America sees through that easily.

Respectfully, IT IS NOT B Obamas's DAUGHTERS FAULT THEY ARE HIS KIDS! Their pop is the POTUS and that warrants protection reguardless. A shooting just happened in Texas with over 100 armed guards on the campus, they could do NOTHING to stop it as it happened so fast. So much for the guards on campus idea...

Take a hunters approach and gut it from the core! If it offends some and saves others, OH WELL SO BE IT!!! Nothing is perfect as the 2nd quarter piggybacks in Washington WUS OUT on LIFE SAVING decisions ! Yes, they are truly DISGUSTING!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:39 pm 

bfranklin wrote:

According to the chart at http://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/data.php?year=2012&datatype=national&def=1&f=0&off=0&elect=0

The only state Romney could have won and changed the results was Florida.
332 - 29 = 303 BO
206 + 29 = 235 Romney

There was no way he could have won this election.

Romney was a poor candidate. He could not have mathematically won. Some people are just going to have to accept that fact.

They hand wrung after the election but refuse to see they are moving closer to the democrats, thus eliminating their arguments to vote for them as an alternative.

bfranklin you told me:

the issue of this thread was the feigned outrage of attacking BO's daughters, not who the NRA hitches their horse to.

Yet ..you hitched your carriage to an election chart

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:10 am 

Dancer wrote:
bfranklin you told me:

the issue of this thread was the feigned outrage of attacking BO's daughters, not who the NRA hitches their horse to.

Yet ..you hitched your carriage to an election chart

Train has left the station. But perhaps you can take credit for starting it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:15 pm 

furbud wrote:
Take a hunters approach and gut it from the core! If it offends some and saves others, OH WELL SO BE IT!!! Nothing is perfect as the 2nd quarter piggybacks in Washington WUS OUT on LIFE SAVING decisions ! Yes, they are truly DISGUSTING!!!

I am having difficulty understanding this paragraph.

Can you rephrase it?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:19 pm 

bfranklin wrote:

Can you rephrase it?

I take that furbud is just interested in hunting and could careless about the so called "assault rifles". Furbud may watch Doomsday Preppers and laugh like we do

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:23 pm 

Dancer wrote:
Furbud may watch Doomsday Preppers and laugh like we do

He who laughs last laughs best.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:36 pm 

Dancer wrote:
bfranklin wrote:

Can you rephrase it?

I take that furbud is just interested in hunting and could careless about the so called "assault rifles". Furbud may watch Doomsday Preppers and laugh like we do

I find preppers to be interesting. Their justifications and fears are a bit outlandish but I guess it doesn't hurt to be prepared in case some unforeseen incident does separate one from modern conveniences.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:46 pm 

bfranklin wrote:
I find preppers to be interesting. Their justifications and fears are a bit outlandish but I guess it doesn't hurt to be prepared in case some unforeseen incident does separate one from modern conveniences.

We find it interesting too.. as well as the "Amish Mafia"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:58 pm 

bfranklin wrote:
Dancer wrote:
bfranklin wrote:

Can you rephrase it?

It helps if you were a Boy Scout .

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:42 pm 

Seoul, South Korea (CNN) -- North Korea said Thursday that it plans to carry out a new nuclear test and more long-range rocket launches, all of which it said are a part of a new phase of confrontation with the United States.

The North's National Defense Commission said the moves would feed into an "upcoming all-out action" that would target the United States, "the sworn enemy of the Korean people."

They could be planning to launch an EMP attack against us. Shortly after that, you would no longer be able to buy food from a store or restaurant. Obama doesn't care, he and his family will be taken care of. Normally, I wouldn't believe that anything like this could ever happen. But with a president as weak as Obama, it is becoming a plausible scenario.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:21 pm 

Vic wrote:

They could be planning to launch an EMP attack against us. Shortly after that, you would no longer be able to buy food from a store or restaurant. Obama doesn't care, he and his family will be taken care of. Normally, I wouldn't believe that anything like this could ever happen. But with a president as weak as Obama, it is becoming a plausible scenario.

Bla Blah..you predicted all kinds of stuff...But it never happened..And I can prove it

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:03 pm 

Vic wrote:
But with a president as weak as Obama, it is becoming a plausible scenario.

Dancer wrote:
Bla Blah..you predicted all kinds of stuff.

That's not a prediction. That is a fact.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:08 pm 

Vic wrote:
That's not a prediction. That is a fact.

Show us/me

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:18 pm 

Dancer wrote:
Show us/me

Show you that it's a plausible scenario? All you have to do is pay attention to the news.