It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome to Talkback 27!
This is your forum to comment on current affairs and news stories.
The comments you make here may be used on our television newscasts.
If you wish, you may also leave your thoughts on our telephone feedback line.
That number is (717) 265-8527.

Post subject: The Mayor on GUN CONTROL.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:14 pm 

Just heard the Mayor say on the NEWS, from the convention she is at on Gun Control, we don't need 30 round magazines, 10 round magazines are enough to get the job done. YOU can tell how much thought she put into that statement.

A Pessimist is an Optimist with Experience

Last edited by tenringx on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The Mayor on GUN CONTROL.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:41 pm 

I don't need 30-round magazines either. I can do fifth grade math. If the only thing available are 10-round magazines, I need three of them. Stay in school kids. You'll learn things that are useful in the real world. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:02 pm 

Rudey wrote:
I don't need 30-round magazines either. I can do fifth grade math. If the only thing available are 10-round magazines, I need three of them. Stay in school kids. You'll learn things that are useful in the real world. :lol:

Right now there isn't much of anything available, 'assault' weapons, magazines nor ammo, even 22's. I don't really need anything but I've been looking online and there isn't much left out there.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:17 am 

I Posted on her on her forum, still say no ARs have been used to slaugher the burg victims in her neighborHOOD. She's hooked up with that nutcase Bloombergs group. Obams lil' sista has to keep up. Just like him there are bigger more pressing problems they should be working on . The country is crashing the burg broke and those two just want the press coverage, Well obamas welcomed an excuse to get off the Lybia deal , didn't want to explain how 4 americans got killed and why he lied about it untill after the election . And for some reason or another hillarrys spin on it keeps getting pushed back. If Hes so gun control prone then why did he protect Holder the gun runner. Polictcans depend on the stupid americans that don't educate themselves and have short term memories

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:24 pm 

TheSeif wrote:
Rudey wrote:

Right now there isn't much of anything available, 'assault' weapons, magazines nor ammo, even 22's. I don't really need anything but I've been looking online and there isn't much left out there.

I've been looking for ammo and there is none to be found. .380, 9mm or .45

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:40 pm 

jadiff wrote:
TheSeif wrote:
Rudey wrote:

~~See , what worth more Ammo or Gold ,should have invested in ammo compaies

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:08 pm 

For what it's worth, try to stick with firearms that use standard NATO ammo.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:18 pm 

Ammo is like a savings account.

Invest when you don't need it, so you will have something for a rainy day.

Little late for that now but those who've prepared will have plenty of extra to hand out if needed.

The MAYA -

Her every word makes me cringe from the pummeling my brain takes trying to figure how one so infantile could be allowed to speak on behalf of the public.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:46 am 

I still swear that Linda and Jocelyn are the same person!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqbB4kFtVZU
The second half is even more hilarious than the first: "Safer guns and safer bullets" :shock: :o

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:53 pm 

jadiff wrote:
TheSeif wrote:
Rudey wrote:

Gee, and I thought they should 3x's the price as a starter. If you really believe in guns, pay the price for the accessories~! Don't cry the blues!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:03 am 

We get it, you're anti-gun. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:23 am 

LocalGrown wrote:
We get it, you're anti-gun. :roll:

Until she needs protection. Kind of like the way God and the Bible is viewed today. So many people calling it fiction and fairy tales, but the day will come that they will realize their error. Far too late then though. Weeping and gnashing..........

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:31 pm 

If your goin that route then all these people with 3x the kids should pay 3x the school taxes! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:46 pm 

Why! wrote:
If your goin that route then all these people with 3x the kids should pay 3x the school taxes! :lol: :lol:

~~ And those with no kids in school shouldn't pay anything ~~

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:56 pm 

Newspolice wrote:
Why! wrote:

I could go for that!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:44 pm 

Let me guess..
Everyone here went to private school and did not use tax payer money for there education?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:57 pm 

LocalGrown wrote:
Newspolice wrote:
Why! wrote:

I could go for that!

I concur.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:33 am 

~PAY WHILE YOUR KIDS ARE IN SCHOOL ~ WHILE YOUR USING THE SYSTEM . ONCE YOUR OUT YOUR DONE~~

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:02 pm 

I don't know about all that. The children are the future of this Country and we will rely on them to run things one day. I don't have a problem paying for that. My problem is how it is spent. We should all chip in for the basic education that a child deserves. We should not have to pay for the astro turf, swimming pool, tennis courts, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:42 pm 

jadiff wrote:
I don't know about all that. The children are the future of this Country and we will rely on them to run things one day. I don't have a problem paying for that. My problem is how it is spent. We should all chip in for the basic education that a child deserves. We should not have to pay for the astro turf, swimming pool, tennis courts, etc.

I agree with that. The problem is it's out of control. They need to strip school boards of the power to levy taxes. There was a bill that died in the house last year to get rid of the property tax as the method for funding school districts and replace it with a portion of the income tax paid by the people in the district and sales taxes collected by businesses in a district. They would have an accurate estimate of the revenue they'd receive and then have to create a budget to live within it. Until they take away their power to tax, it will only get worse.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:31 pm 

jadiff wrote:

I know what you're saying, but maybe if the parents had to pay for their kids education a little more, they'd give more of a damn about the kind adult their kids turn out to be. Afterall, it's their money & their kids are the product of that money.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:54 am 

What happened to the bill that was introduced (forget by who) that was supposed to do away with the provision that the school boards could apply to go above the percentage limit on tax increases, thereby forcing them to stick to within a certain budget ?
I really liked that idea but haven't heard anything about it lately.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:03 pm 

TheSeif wrote:
What happened to the bill that was introduced (forget by who) that was supposed to do away with the provision that the school boards could apply to go above the percentage limit on tax increases, thereby forcing them to stick to within a certain budget ?

~~yeah what was that called Act 1 ,they were limited to what they could raise the taxes with out applying for approval . that was a joke .they have done so with no reprecussions , there was no teeth in the bill to enforce it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:34 pm 

TheSeif wrote:

I think this is what you are looking for

http://votesmart.org/bill/13604/35985/amending-the-taxpayer-relief-act

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/Legis/PN/Public/btCheck.cfm?txtType=PDF&sessYr=2011&sessInd=0&billBody=S&billTyp=B&billNbr=0330&pn=1459

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:48 pm 

Why! wrote:

MAKE IT HAPPEN! i AM COUNTING ON YOU FOR THAT!!!