It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome to Talkback 27!
This is your forum to comment on current affairs and news stories.
The comments you make here may be used on our television newscasts.
If you wish, you may also leave your thoughts on our telephone feedback line.
That number is (717) 265-8527.

Post subject: 'Berettas Don't Bluff'
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:32 pm 

'Berettas Don't Bluff' -- Gun Maker May Leave Maryland

Beretta USA is threatening to leave Maryland over new gun control proposals, the Washington Post reports, and they would take hundreds of jobs along with them. Some lawmakers are expressing confidence that they can strike a deal with Beretta, keeping the jobs the company provides while also enacting stricter gun control measures. See the full story HERE.
~~There'a alot of states gonna lose money and jobs thru all this BS~~

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.

Post subject: Re: 'Berettas Don't Bluff'
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:13 pm 

Newspolice wrote:

The people snatching up overpriced guns/ammo are losing the most money

The Husband & I hold hands as we walk home in the darkness
We know our path
We know who the machine is
We hear the sounds
We are headed home

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:57 am 

Dancer wrote:
Newspolice wrote:

Your right Dancer and we can thank the chicken little idiots in Washington for that. Everything they are proposing will not keep another shooting from happening. They now have supposedly 20,000 gun laws on the books, and the shootings still happen. Doesn't anyone realize 20,000 laws on an item should prevent the misuse of that item.

A Pessimist is an Optimist with Experience

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:20 am 

Dancer wrote:
Newspolice wrote:

~~"Colorado, where unemployment hovers near 8 percent, nearly a dozen businesses are being forced to consider leaving their home state because of extremist gun-control proposals."~~ "According to USA Today, other companies including "LaRue Tactical, York Arms, Templar Custom and EFI, as well as sporting-goods retailer Cheaper Than Dirt" have also joined the sales boycott of New York"~~. "Worse news for New York citizens: At least one local manufacturer, the storied Remington Arms Company founded in Ilion, N.Y., in 1816, is in dire financial danger as a result of Cuomo's draconian regulations. The company's innovations in weaponry and ammunition have been used in sporting, self-defense, law enforcement and warfare for two centuries.

Now, as a result of hysteria-induced government pandering, nearly 40 percent of Remington's weapons can no longer be sold to citizens legally. "~~"the firearms and ammunition industry was responsible for as much as $31.84 billion in total economic activity in the country ... (and) the industry and its employees pay over $2.07 billion in taxes including property, income and sales based levies." http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/2013/02/22/malkin-firearm-industry-breaking-with-liberal-states/?subscriber=1~~~ When businesses move unemployment goes up, income from taxes goes down. some of these dumb governors best think alittle before just getting in line with joe and barry~~

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:23 am 

tenringx wrote:
Dancer wrote:
Newspolice wrote:

Your right Dancer and we can thank the chicken little idiots in Washington for that. Everything they are proposing will not keep another shooting from happening. They now have supposedly 20,000 gun laws on the books, and the shootings still happen. Doesn't anyone realize 20,000 laws on an item should prevent the misuse of that item.

I disagree. We may be spending more for it, but what we already have or buy isn't losing value.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:13 pm 

Dancer wrote:
Newspolice wrote:

Firearms are an investment, similar to Jewelry. Kept in good condition they will retain and often appreciate in value over a very long period of time.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:52 pm 

Dancer wrote:
Newspolice wrote:

~~~ Like the guberment spending your money ~~
Federal, non-military agencies, noted radio host Mark Levin last week, have purchased enough ammunition recently to not only shoot every American five times, but also engage in a prolonged, domestic war.

The numbers are based on recent reports that put the total federal ammunition buy in the last 10 months at approaching two billion rounds.

“To provide some perspective,” Levin noted, “experts estimate that at the peak of the Iraq war American troops were firing around 5.5 million rounds per month. At that rate, the [Department of Homeland Security] is armed now for a 24-year Iraq war. A 24-year Iraq war!”
What do federal agencies need with all that ammunition?

The government’s only official explanation for the massive ammo buy is that law enforcement agents in the respective agencies need the bullets for “mandatory quarterly firearms qualifications and other training sessions.”

The staggering number and lack of details in the official explanation, however, has led to rampant speculation, including concerns the DHS is arming itself to fight off insurrection among Americans.

“I’m going to tell you what I think is going on,” Levin offered. “I don’t think domestic insurrection. Law enforcement and national security agencies, they play out multiple scenarios. … I’ll tell you what I think they’re simulating: the collapse of our financial system, the collapse of our society and the potential for widespread violence, looting, killing in the streets, because that’s what happens when an economy collapses.

“I suspect that just in case our fiscal situation, our monetary situation, collapses, and following it the civil society collapses, that is the rule of law, they want to be prepared,” Levin said. “I know why the government’s arming up: It’s not because there’s going to be an insurrection; it’s because our society is unraveling.”

There are currently more than 70 different federal law enforcement agencies employing over 120,000 officers with arrest and firearms authority, according to Bureau of Justice Statistics data for 2008,” explained Knox in a recent WND column. “That’s an increase of nearly 30 percent between 2004 and 2008. If the trends have continued upward at a relatively steady rate, that would put the total number of federal law enforcement officers at somewhere between 135,000 and 145,000.
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/feds-buying-enough-bullets-for-24-year-war/#dDHdyJbaKo35sdEV.99

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:55 pm 

Newspolice wrote:
Dancer wrote:
Newspolice wrote:

~~~ Like the guberment spending your money ~~
Federal, non-military agencies, noted radio host Mark Levin last week, have purchased enough ammunition recently to not only shoot every American five times, but also engage in a prolonged, domestic war.

The numbers are based on recent reports that put the total federal ammunition buy in the last 10 months at approaching two billion rounds.

“To provide some perspective,” Levin noted, “experts estimate that at the peak of the Iraq war American troops were firing around 5.5 million rounds per month. At that rate, the [Department of Homeland Security] is armed now for a 24-year Iraq war. A 24-year Iraq war!”
What do federal agencies need with all that ammunition?

The government’s only official explanation for the massive ammo buy is that law enforcement agents in the respective agencies need the bullets for “mandatory quarterly firearms qualifications and other training sessions.”

The staggering number and lack of details in the official explanation, however, has led to rampant speculation, including concerns the DHS is arming itself to fight off insurrection among Americans.

“I’m going to tell you what I think is going on,” Levin offered. “I don’t think domestic insurrection. Law enforcement and national security agencies, they play out multiple scenarios. … I’ll tell you what I think they’re simulating: the collapse of our financial system, the collapse of our society and the potential for widespread violence, looting, killing in the streets, because that’s what happens when an economy collapses.

“I suspect that just in case our fiscal situation, our monetary situation, collapses, and following it the civil society collapses, that is the rule of law, they want to be prepared,” Levin said. “I know why the government’s arming up: It’s not because there’s going to be an insurrection; it’s because our society is unraveling.”

There are currently more than 70 different federal law enforcement agencies employing over 120,000 officers with arrest and firearms authority, according to Bureau of Justice Statistics data for 2008,” explained Knox in a recent WND column. “That’s an increase of nearly 30 percent between 2004 and 2008. If the trends have continued upward at a relatively steady rate, that would put the total number of federal law enforcement officers at somewhere between 135,000 and 145,000.
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/feds-buying-enough-bullets-for-24-year-war/#dDHdyJbaKo35sdEV.99

I think it's simpler than that, they are buying up all of the ammo and keeping the manufacturers busy just so the rest of us can't get any .................. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:38 pm 

It's part of a trend. Many companies are fighting back against governments at all levels. They call it the "police loophole". :lol:

http://www.thepoliceloophole.com/