It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome to Talkback 27!
This is your forum to comment on current affairs and news stories.
The comments you make here may be used on our television newscasts.
If you wish, you may also leave your thoughts on our telephone feedback line.
That number is (717) 265-8527.

Post subject: Dodge Dart
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:55 pm 

We see that Dennis Buterbaugh is doing a review on them. The Husband say that Dodge (Mopar=Nopower) has built nothing but the ugliest pieces of junk for decades and he hopes they have solved the problem

The Husband & I hold hands as we walk home in the darkness
We know our path
We know who the machine is
We hear the sounds
We are headed home

Post subject: Re: Dodge Dart
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:33 pm 

He's a GM man right

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:16 pm 

I've owned a couple of Chrysler products over the years and they are no better nor worse than any other car manufacturers products I've owned, including foreign.
Actually the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned was a VW Bug.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:21 pm 

Chrysler had some good running machines in the 60s

"AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."- ~~ Norman Vincent Peale-______ ~~ COPS ARRIVE IN TIME TO DRAW CHALK LINES , ~~~IT'S UP TO YOU TO SEE THE OUTLINE ISN'T AROUND YOU ~~.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:45 pm 

As for any auto maker, longevity of a vehicle depends on maintanence. I was once told that 'the cheapest vehicle to own is the one you already have'.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:24 am 

I have a 94 Dodge Ram Diesel, bought it new, I've been told many times it still looks like new. People ask if I've had any trouble with it, I say NO, I'm the only one that drives it. 284,000 miles, 20 + miles to the gal.

A Pessimist is an Optimist with Experience

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:47 am 

tenringx wrote:
I have a 94 Dodge Ram Diesel, bought it new, I've been told many times it still looks like new. People ask if I've had any trouble with it, I say NO, I'm the only one that drives it. 284,000 miles, 20 + miles to the gal.

Yeah, but can it haul the "big stuff" like a 5th wheel camper, or full cord of firewood? :P :P :P

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:49 pm 

The Rallye is a sharp looking car. Someone I know ordered one & they sent her daily emails of it's progress on the assembly line, including pics.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:40 pm 

LocalGrown wrote:
The Rallye is a sharp looking car. Someone I know ordered one & they sent her daily emails of it's progress on the assembly line, including pics.

That's cool! :) .

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:53 pm 

Huh? wrote:
tenringx wrote:

Yeah, but can it haul the "big stuff" like a 5th wheel camper, or full cord of firewood? :P :P :P

Just did it today, hauled approximately 6000 pounds of firewood in a trailer, no want for power.

A Pessimist is an Optimist with Experience

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:28 pm 

piedmont wrote:
LocalGrown wrote:

That's cool! :) .

~~Thats C@@L yeah, but makes no sense its more feel good BS look how much your car purchase means to us. I'd much rather have the time and money spent being sure it made right... food for thought , did you ever wonder what the exrta charge for dealer prep is about on new cars??? Ask your dealer or better yet your long time known saleman . Cars come in with parts they missed in assembly ,theyused to just put 'em on the floor in the back seat .not sure where anymore ,but the dealers responsible for installing such parts they missed... really made me feel good when i learned about that .

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:48 am 

tenringx wrote:
Huh? wrote:
tenringx wrote:

Just did it today, hauled approximately 6000 pounds of firewood in a trailer, no want for power.

Cool. Just wanted to make sure you weren't one of those who buys a 1/2 ton PU thinking it is a toy that gets good gas mileage. Many people buy a truck with a "high speed" rear end which will get good gas mileage, but doesn't have the stuff to pull a piece of paper down the road. Sounds like you have a "hauler" with good fuel mileage.